Great Experience with Coral Breeze Cave Tubing

sandyneck

Hi, just back from a great cruise on Norwegian Sun. I booked all our own Shore Excursions and went thru CoralBreeze for our cave tubing. They emailed me before I left to confirm our spot, which I thought was great. Our guides, Taz, Speedy and Ivar were top notch. This excursion is not just floating down the river, you must paddle most of the way and there are rocks and trees you may crash into during the "rapid" part of the river. These guys were totally hustling to make sure everyone made it thru OK. They were pulling people who were too tired to paddle and diving in front of rocks and trees if you were about to crash. They were extrememly knowledgable and happy to answer any questions. The lunch after the tube ride was great and they were always asking if everything was OK. They did not even ask for a tip at the end, but of course, we were happy to give them some extra for all their hard work. I would highly recommend this tour. It was our favorite experience of the cruise and the price is unbelievable. Thanks CoralBreeze for a great vacation memory!!!

We are thinking of taking this tour in October, Do you think this tour will be to hard for a 9 year old boy? Also do you think it will be scary for him? He is not scared of the dark... Also were there snakes in the water?

Thank you!!!

My daughter is 8 and my son is 10 and they were fine. You hook your feet under the tube in front of you in a long line most of the time, so when they got tired they just didn't paddle. Towards the end, the guides and my husband just pulled them along. They give you headlamps so you can see in the cave. They had us turn them off a couple times to see how dark it was, but your son should be fine if the dark doesn't bother them. We did not see any snakes, and to tell the truth, there is such a racket with all the people paddling and talking, it would be a miracle if you saw any type of animal. The only thing you will see, if you look real hard, is bats on the ceiling, but they did not bother us at all. If your son doesn't like bats he won't even realize they are there, you really have to look hard to see them. Hope this helps. My kids really loved it.

Thanks for posting your experience. We used Coral Breeze when we went to Belize in December '03 for their shark ray alley tour and just booked them cave tubing when we go to Belize again in November. Our experience snorkeling with them was great and I am looking forward to the cave tubing. Your positive feedback just assures me I made the right choice with them.

Thanks for the review. We're using them for our upcoming cruise. I can't wait, my wife is a little worried about using an independent so these reviews help her as well.:)

We're booked with Coral Breeze for the day before you arrive (Elation), we'll make sure they keep the inner-tubes pumped up for you!

Archived