coming soon

alflyer

Unfortunately you came across as a college freshman looking for a party place and drunken brawls.

Is this a school sanctioned trip? If so, any drinking could bring severe consequences through the school. In my junior year the seniors took a cruise for the senior trip (school sponsored/sanctioned). All the kids were told that anyone caught drinking alcohol of any kind would be expelled from school upon return to St. Louis and would NOT be graduating from high school that year. (this was in the mid 1970's) If this trip is school sanctioned you all might want to be very careful.

Could you please explain the "I couldn't leave the country" part of your post? Are you aware that on a cruise you DO leave the country???

I hope you all enjoy your cruise tremendously (sober preferably). We love them so much and think your age is not too young to get hooked on cruising.

alflyer - Thanks for clarifying your original post. I teach high school and middle school students... and just graduated from high school in the 90s... so I don't feel that far removed from your age group. I was sharing my wedding cruise experience to show that some passengers could have really messed up a cruise for others, and asking that my dad have just a few hours of sleep the night before he walked me down the aisle of our 9:00 AM wedding was really not too much to ask in my opinion. No chaperone was in the cabin with the girls nextdoor and they obviously did not know how to behave like mature young adults. Or how to respect the quiet hours in the cabin areas where others are sleeping in the middle of the night.

Please enjoy your cruise, and thank you for remembering that it is Spring Break or vacation for others as well.:)

Archived