Any cool birthday ideas for a girl turning 9 on the Allure?

Messunderstood

My girlie will turn 9-years-old the week we are cruising on the Allure. Her actual birthday will be an at sea day. We have cruised with her once and she LOVED it and she's SO eager to go on the Allure because she knows it has a carousel, zip line, flow rider (I doubt she will be tall enough for this even though she wants to do it), Shrek, Fiona, etc.

I'm wanting to do something special but not over the top because she does embarrass easily. I'm sure she will get the typical happy birthday song sang to her by the wait staff in the MDR but when we usually do this in public each year she hides so that may not be a great idea! Maybe have our waiter sing whatever birthday song they would do in their country and language?

I am also walking a fine line between her being a little girl and a pre-teen (LOL...she informed me the other day that Hello Kitty was for babies :cool:) so, I am having issues with getting that right too...what does mom know anyway?

I am open to suggestions for making her birthday even more memorable than "just" being on the Allure.

HELP? :confused:

We are going on the Crown Princess next month, and my 9yo would love to go to the spa with my wife for any kind of treatment. Most do offer mani/pedi for kids and other treatments geared toward kids now. She is definitely in that little girl/pre-teen stage, too.

• 2 weeks later...

since she is getting alittle older she might like to take the cupcake decorating class with you on her bday and make her own special cupcake. This should not embarass her. Also we bought some decorations from the dollor store for DS'S bday coming up in 27 days . the decorations will be in the room so that might make her feel special with out embarassing her. If she is tall enough for the flowrider you can get her lessons for 60$ - That is what we are doing for DS. They also have a tween/teen spa dont know if she would be old enough but maybe get her nails done, if not old enough maybe you can do her nails for formal night. You can buy rinestones or stickers and make ita spa time for you 2. They also have a jewlery making class she might like to do.

Just a thought, but if she gets so embarrassed by the public singing that she hides, you might want to ask your waitstaff to skip it. I know some will say that your daughter should get over it or not be so sensitive or whatever, but I say that you know your daughter's comfort level and that a wonderful birthday day should not make her feel bad in any way.

I love the idea about taking the cupcake class on her birthday. You could certainly do cabin decorations and have a cake delivered there, which might be more pleasing to her than a public celebration.

beachchick

Hello everyone and thank you for the ideas!

I too thought about the cupcake decorating so that's DEFINITELY on the list!

She is a petite thing (48 pounds and only 49 inches) so the zip and flow rider is likely to be a no go even if it is 6 months away! This is a total bummer because she REALLY wants to do the flow rider! I just told her to think tall thoughts and eat her veggies all summer and maybe she will have a good growth spurt.

She will likely be cool with a cake at the MDR as long as they don't sing. She hates extra attention just like her momma!

The dolphin encounter is a REALLY good idea! We did that with her in the Caymans last year and she loved it. I did read where Nassua has a similar thing but with sea lions! That even sounds interesting to me.

I'm also hoping she spends more time in the kids club this year so I will be sure to ask the staff there for some good ideas!

Her big day is an "at sea" day so maybe we will simply let her call the shots for the entire day and see what she comes up with!

My girlie will turn 9-years-old the week we are cruising on the Allure. Her actual birthday will be an at sea day. We have cruised with her once and she LOVED it and she's SO eager to go on the Allure because she knows it has a carousel, zip line, flow rider (I doubt she will be tall enough for this even though she wants to do it), Shrek, Fiona, etc.

I'm wanting to do something special but not over the top because she does embarrass easily. I'm sure she will get the typical happy birthday song sang to her by the wait staff in the MDR but when we usually do this in public each year she hides so that may not be a great idea! Maybe have our waiter sing whatever birthday song they would do in their country and language?

I am also walking a fine line between her being a little girl and a pre-teen (LOL...she informed me the other day that Hello Kitty was for babies :cool:) so, I am having issues with getting that right too...what does mom know anyway?

I am open to suggestions for making her birthday even more memorable than "just" being on the Allure.

HELP? :confused:

Usually several waiters gather around the table to sing. They are from so many different countries so how could they possibly sing in their native language. Besides if it will embarrass her I wouldn't do it. If she hides every year when you do it I would consider something else.

Archived