Multi-generational cruise?

alcie

DH and I are taking our DD's ages 6 and 3 on RCCL's FOS this summer. We would really like to do a cruise with one or both sets of our parents at some point. I don't even know where to start when looking for a ship that will have something for everyone. We would need great kids programs (DD's likely 4 and 7 or a little older), fun activities for adults, a relaxed atmosphere for one set of grandparents and really good ports of call for the other set of grandparents. Does anyone have any suggestions?

DISNEY:

We gave our DD's family a week, part Disneyworld and part cruise, for Christmas one year.

The boys, young, were in different programs even though they were only 2 years apart in age. Both had a Super good time.

The parents, DD is a Marketing Major and said the markeing does not even equal the product. They were able to get away from the kids for a good portion of time and enjoy adult fun with NO kids around, and full confidence the kids were OK.

We told them about it a year in advance and to our amazement, the boys had watched a video 20+/- times, and DD had bought a travel book (Frommers, I think) and learned all about the park.

One of the most appreciated presents we have ever given.

P>S> We were invited, but chose to take a TA laterf in the year! Love those kids, but like our cruises to be US.

We've always preferred Royal Caribbean for our multi-generational cruises. Disney is just too darn expensive for everyone to afford, but with RCI you get a great kid's club and very good entertainment and activities for the adults.

We're actually doing a 3 generational cruise this summer with RCCL. Grandmother in late 70's who has never been to Europe and wants a Med cruise. She left it up to me to do all the planning. My family and my husband's brother's family, mid 40's to early 50's, and 4 teenage daughters.

We looked for a line that was priced right and one that would offer options for everyone. RCCL seemed to fit the bill. If Carnival would have cruised out of Rome we would have checked them too because I like Carnival.

A cruise is alot of what you put into it. First decide where you want to go, then check the lines that go there and compare.

I saw many large famillies cruising this past Nov. A cruise is a great way for families to be together but still offer options for entertainment for everyone. Plus since your food is included there's no arguing about which restaurant to go out to or whether to cook in if you were renting a villa. The only hard decision is which food venue to take advantage of.

Archived