5 nights no sleep on Radiance 3/5-3/10 + terrible response

hfh

I can assure you I'm totally relaxed but like I posted just in case peeps are not seeing what she wrote to me let me quote her words

"You got compensation once because you called guest service once.

Now that you are off the ship you complain about nights 2, 3, and 4. $150 for your one complaint is fair, I don't think you should get anymore since you made it sound like everything was ok after the first night by not callng guest services again.

Thanks for posting this.

I believe she meant $150 for your ONE nite is fair...and because u didn't then complain again on the other nites means u agreed to just the $150. Then u decided it wasn't enough..

I agree with her that $150 is fair for one nite but u did deserve more for the other nites, however, it was your responsibilty to complain after each nite not wait till the cruises end..

RCCL cld have said NO MORE for that reason, luckily they didn't.

I am happy for you that u got $500...:)

Thanks for posting this.

I believe she meant $150 for your ONE nite is fair...and because u didn't then complain again on the other nites means u agreed to just the $150. Then u decided it wasn't enough..

I agree with her that $150 is fair for one nite but u did deserve more for the other nites, however, it was your responsibilty to complain after each nite not wait till the cruises end..

RCCL cld have said NO MORE for that reason, luckily they didn't.

I am happy for you that u got $500...:)

hmmm funny how people understand what other people mean when they are not even there. You know what they say when you "assume". She said what she said and was quite direct in her quote. And for the last time I did complain to guest services and we did call on the phone more then 1x. Guest services saw us everyday several times a day.

hmmm funny how people understand what other people mean when they are not even there. You know what they say when you "assume". She said what she said and was quite direct in her quote. And for the last time I did complain to guest services and we did call on the phone more then 1x. Guest services saw us everyday several times a day.

I am at least, trying very hard to understand..and perhaps both the other poster and myself made assumptions and comments without getting it all straight but it wasn't done to be nasty. U on the other hand seem to be easily annoyed and looking for an argument but I am not interested and don't believe anyone else here is either.

U gave us some valuable info and I for one wish to say thankyou, u in turn got advice and some sympathy and lucky u also - u got $500 from RCCL - I have to 'assume' :) u are happy - aren't u?

If not, feel free to keep complaining to RCCL and may your future cruises be better..!!

You see that's the issue making assumptions and comments as you say without getting it all straight. That is your comment. Not mine. I'm not looking for an argument at all. I have no reason to argue with anyone. I was strictly stating my point which was to never assume until you have read the entire story which as you state "without getting it all straight".

Cant help but feel that your comment "lucky me" I got $500 also from RCCL was a little sarcastic or maybe it's just jealousy. Who knows. Only you, since I would never attempt to assume. We deserved that $500. Luck had nothing to do with it. I complained from top to bottom, long and short letters and they listened and did the right thing. That is the bottom line. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear you had a bad cruise. We were on the Radiance with you for our first ever cruise and had a great time. No noise issues on deck 9 and didn't see anyone "underdressed" in Chops, or Portofino either, but we ate early both times so were out before they got very busy.

cruisecrasy[/left];28637482]I am at least, trying very hard to understand..and perhaps both the other poster and myself made assumptions and comments without getting it all straight but it wasn't done to be nasty. U on the other hand seem to be easily annoyed and looking for an argument but I am not interested and don't believe anyone else here is either.

Maybe it is because people keep telling her she should have complained more when she has stated in this thread SEVERAL times that she complained every day. (regardless of how her original letter came across)

I really do not know how she could be more clear.

If it was me, I would get annoyed too after the umpteenth time I had to explain myself! :rolleyes:

Interesting post - Just a personal note and please don’t take it the wrong way-

I literally live down the street from the Port Of Miami and my morning runs sometimes takes me onto the Port Of Miami. Last month while running on the Port by RCCL headquarter’s building which is also located on the Port Of Miami, I saw the mailman parked outside the rear of the RCCL building and noticed him carrying in numerous plastic boxes of mail into RCCL, literally 1000’s of pieces of mail. I just wonder out of those 1000's of pieces of mail RCCL gets everyday, just how many are complaint letters ?:)

Hopefully a lot. it's unfortunate , these days if you complain you are a trouble maker. That is why lousy businesses stay in business so long because people are not smart enough to stop patronizing them. They go to a store, get crapped on and they go again, and again to the same store and there attitude is "what can I do" What kills me is when you buy something, you pay for it and then what do you say, "Thank You" (You know you do) WHY do WE say "Thank You" we helped them stay in business, remember when they used to say "Thank You" please come back now we say "Thank You and they say your welcome Maybe). Rmember, the more you complain (Properly and with dignity) the better things will get. Maybe a slow process but it will happen. Some will go out and some will thrive. Personally If this happen to me I would not be happy until I got a free cruise. I heard that they make their money off the excursions, and onboard purchases etc anyway. Not so much on the cruise price.

Maybe it is because people keep telling her she should have complained more when she has stated in this thread SEVERAL times that she complained every day. (regardless of how her original letter came across)

I really do not know how she could be more clear.

If it was me' date=' I would get annoyed too after the [b']umpteenth time [/b]I had to explain myself! :rolleyes:

Please reread the OPs original post.

She clearly states she called guest services TWICE - first and last night of the WHOLE cruise NOT every day..Curious then that the OP changes that to 'contacting' guest services EVERY day after other posters mentioned same?

Curious also that water damage occured above when the folks in the cabin 'below' left the shower running - how can water run uphill (stated in original post)?

When u are being bombarded by noise & esp if it is interrupting sleep - wldn't u have been camped at the guest services office if u wanted it to cease..or even gone 'higher up' if necessary!! I know I wld and it wld have ceased!!

Whatever, I am glad the OP got compensated - cldn't have been a pleasant cruise and I also sincerely hope the OP is feeling and will be getting, much better now - but now - that shld be the end of the story..

As far as the OP getting verbally annoyed - why? Isn't she here to perhaps to learn what else she cld have done which is what most folks seem to be trying to tell the OP and be able to vent the frustrations & get some sympathy - Its the comments that seem to be riling the OP and why - just let them go - ignore those that seem offensive & just respond to those that are positive..?

Please read/reread my posts #98 - 110 -126 & 128 in response to the OPs 127 & 129- I feel they are reasonable and certainly not angry, upset or even really critical but the OPs tone got more & more riled up..and I cldn't really understand why..Even if others did why was it necessary for the OP to do so also?

I resent myself being jumped on when attempting to help and while I am sympathetic to the OPs plight.

I clearly said so and also thanked the OP for posting and bringing this event to our attention, said I was glad that they got compensation plus asked if they were now happy 'cause they didn't sound like they were..

I then didn't like being told I might be 'sarcastic' or even 'jealous' :O and yet they mention they aren't assuming anything when obviously they did by saying that -

I used 'smiley faces' to indicate I was not being nasty or sarcastic just friendly - what else do I have to do??

The OP was becoming touchy and for no real reason especially since they had by then received conpensation and besides there is no excuse for that...but JMO..AND of course, why is the OP still posting when they have gotten satisfaction (including $) anyway?? What else do they want from this thread?

Sorry, guess it made me a tad touchy!! :) see smiley face - I am not upset..and don't wish u or the OP to be either!!

As someone else said & I agree - lets put this one to 'bed' :)

Hi, I rarely post on here but read all your advice etc, before cruises. Thank you all for that. I feel that I must tell you about my experience. Myself, husband and another couple were on Brilliance in November 2010 to Dubai. The first night we had horrendous banging noise in our inside cabin, told guest services and we were both moved to outside cabins. Still as bad and after 3 more nights we again complained. Guest services were so kind and said they were aware of the problem and moved us again to 2 balcony cabins. So on this occasion RCI were certainly up to scratch and could not have been more helpful. Just thought I would give them praise when they deserve it. Great customer relations we will continue to sail with them.

Am I being totally stupid here, but I wasn't aware that the Brilliance was in Dubai in November last year. I thought it was still doing the European itineraries. I know it is doing the UAE from November this year, but I thought it was still in Europe.

Archived