Experienced Diver - Seeking Something Fun Ideas please

gilmanalex

Hey guys!

I'm a PNW diver with quite a few dives I have my PADI Rescue Diver card and a NITROX card from about 10 years ago.

I'm not necessarily interested in technical diving and hitting deco just for "fun" but is there something interesting I can do for our upcoming cruise that is "cooler" than just being thrown in a group with the people who do their dive once every few years? Again, I'm not a tech diver but heck even my GF has a backplate/wing and continuous pink webbing harness ;)

Here's what my ports are looking like.

Wed, Apr 13, 2011

Cozumel, Mexico

Arrive: 08:00 AM

Depart: 05:00 PM

Thu, Apr 14, 2011

Roatan, Honduras

Arrive: 09:00 AM

Depart: 06:00 PM

Sat, Apr 16, 2011

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica

Arrive: 07:00 AM

Sun, Apr 17, 2011

Colon, Panama

Mon, Apr 18, 2011

Cartagena, Colombia

Arrive: 10:00 AM

Wed, Apr 20, 2011

George Town, Grand Cayman

Thanks!

perhaps check out scubaboard.com and check out both the cruise area as well as these destinations. Think most on here-not all-are recreational divers who are not as experienced nor have the same level of training.

A couple of ideas for Roatan. Check out the Dolphin Dive at Anthony's Key. I thought it would be cheesy, but my wife and I absolutely loved it. There is also a pretty good shark dive on Roatan. We swam with about 10 eight foot plus reef sharks at about 70'. If the current isn't too strong that day, once things settle down a little bit, you are allowed to go swim among the sharks.

-Mike

Subway Watersports in Roatan is a nice smaller boat outfit, they will pretty much take you wherever you want to go. I dove with them two years ago and my GF wasnt certified yet and they took us to an awesome wall where she could snorkel in 10-15 ft and I could dive the wall which dropped down to as deep as you wanted to go.

Archived