Karaoke Question

Boatingmom

My son says he'll be embarrassed. I say we're there to have a good time & we'll never see these people again. My qusetion... are the Karaoke singers just goofing or are they semi pros whou would be offended and make fun of little 'ol tone deaf me???

Karaoke is great fun on a cruise. I think most people can't carry a tune in a bucket...myself included! :p But we attended every session offered on a 7-day cruise: family sessions (daytime) and adult sessions (night). Everything from Disney tunes (Little Mermaid was a huge hit) to Aerosmith was performed. Our 2 teenage daughters sang Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody...when they jumped off the stage and started playing air guitar, this one Dad looked at us and stated that we were raising our kids right.

It was a riot! So much fun!!! :D

My son says he'll be embarrassed. I say we're there to have a good time & we'll never see these people again. My qusetion... are the Karaoke singers just goofing or are they semi pros whou would be offended and make fun of little 'ol tone deaf me???

You'll definitely see both. As long as you go up there knowing what your talent level is, you cannot fail. I am probably the worst singer in the history of Carnival karaoke, but I have a ton of fun on stage, so I have no problem being a terrible singer. Karaoke is what you make of it.

I sound awful but I don't care! It's all in good fun. I sang karaoke on one cruise while hoarse! :eek: You will have some people that sound really good, but most sound, well, not so good. I say do it and have a great time!

Desert rose, yes 5 day cruises do have karaoke.

I karaoke all the time and honestly I have never seen anyone get booed and I have seen some pretty bad singers, but it is all in fun and you are right he will never see any of those people again. Everyone almost always gets an applause.... SO GO HAVE FUN....

Do they offer karaoke on the shorter cruises? I am looking at a 5 day cruise on the Spirit .I'm a first time cruiser and love karaoke

Yep, absolutely! The fact that they offer karaoke almost every night, on almost every Carnival cruise, is one of the reasons I enjoy Carnival so much! To reiterate, you'll find all kinds of people doing karaoke. Everyone from the "semi-professional" to the "good ol' boys" singing the country tunes, and everyone in between. Everyone is there for one reason, and that's to HAVE FUN, and that's exactly what they do! Go to karaoke, and sing, and have a GREAT time. That's what I do! :eek:

"SKY"

While I have been told that I can carry a tune....I tell folks all the time that IF we were Carrie Underwood, we would not be on a Carnival ship headed to Cozumel! We would be in Nashville ... making a lot of money.

The bottom line is that "folks just want to have fun".....Go and ENJOY!!!!

I love karoake and although not gteat I can carry a tune, so I enjoy going. The only downer is the drunks who get goofy. Go and enjoy yourself, it's all in good fun and if you go often enough you will even get a cheering section.

I can handle everything but the screamers....:confused:

I don't sing well but after 3 drinks I think I am Pink, lol. I just get up and have a good time. Even though I know I don't sound great the crowd claps. Just have fun!

THAT is great!!!!:D

Archived