Nassau and Freeport - taxis that fit 5 people?

AandBmom

I'm looking for answers for Freeport and Nassau, in case it's different in each port.

I'm thinking the 5 of us won't fit in a regular taxi - car. Are there vehicles that will fit 4 people plus an infant in a carseat?

Thanks.

I'm looking for answers for Freeport and Nassau, in case it's different in each port.

I'm thinking the 5 of us won't fit in a regular taxi - car. Are there vehicles that will fit 4 people plus an infant in a carseat?

Thanks.

Most taxi's are vans with 3 row and fold down end seat, that fill up people to the max to any given destination. I've seen them squeeze in 10. That being said, they are not usually outfitted with carseats, nor to they all have sufficient seatbelts. (only one end would have shoulder straps.. ) Since you are "filling up".. you wouldn't really have choice seating.

Most people don't bother with car seats.

Most taxi's are vans with 3 row and fold down end seat, that fill up people to the max to any given destination. I've seen them squeeze in 10. That being said, they are not usually outfitted with carseats, nor to they all have sufficient seatbelts. (only one end would have shoulder straps.. ) Since you are "filling up".. you wouldn't really have choice seating.

Most people don't bother with car seats.

My infant is in the bucket infant carseat which connects to the stroller so we will have it with us. It does however seem kind of pointless if it can't strap in anywhere (requires a proper seatbelt). Maybe I'll just leave the carseat on the ship and just bring the stroller. Do you know if I can toss the stroller in the "trunk" or back hatch part of the van?

My infant is in the bucket infant carseat which connects to the stroller so we will have it with us. It does however seem kind of pointless if it can't strap in anywhere (requires a proper seatbelt). Maybe I'll just leave the carseat on the ship and just bring the stroller. Do you know if I can toss the stroller in the "trunk" or back hatch part of the van?

The taxi vans we took to/from Atlantis didn't have a back hatch area. The last row of seats was at the very back. They really do try to fill them up! You might have to put the stroller under the seat in front of you or something.

If it's a small stroller you may be able to slide it in.. .Some vans are bigger than others.

Archived