Western Mediterranean - RCCL vs Carnival (ports)

I'm trying to decide between RCCL Liberty of Seas and Carnival's new Magic for Western Med. cruise in June.

I am past guest cruisers on Both. I've been on the freedom (sister to Liberty) and I've been on the Carnival Dream (sister to Magic).

I'm low 30's in age and I'm taking my 11 year old daughter so I want the ports to good for pre-tween.. I think both have good kids program so need to comment on that.

My biggest question they both have very similar itineraries with the exception of two ports. RCCL stops in Provence (Toulon) and Villefranche (Nice) where Carnival stops in Monaco & Sicily.. (all other ports the same).

I have never been to Europe/France/Spain so I want to see the most popular places on my first visit. Would you recommend RCCL and their ports or Carnival and their ports.

Also anyone can compare the RCCL Dreamworks/H20 zone with Carnival Waterworks.. I've been on RCCL but my daughter only on Carnival.. I was leaning toward RCCL just so she can ride the SurfRider - but I got the impression from a friend that Monaco & Sicily are better ports than Toulon & Nice

The prices are about the same.

I am cross posting in Carnival Section as well to get their review

Archived