Triumph - how much extra is ocean view suite worth?

weedris

What are all the benefits of being in a suite? Are there really any?

What would you value the difference between a balcony room on an upper deck to an ocean view suite on the 7th deck?

.....thinking I'd like to treat my mom to an upgrade......

If you go on the Carnival site right now they are running a special. Thought I would give them a call (we booked back in Febuary) to see if they would make good on it. They upgraded 2 of our 3 rooms to Ocean View for free and moved them to the first deck. Our kids are so excited, my husband & I already had a balcony already.

What does VIP embark and disembark mean, new to this. I thought she might like being on a deck close to the pool, but it looks like suites are only available on deck 7. Any other perks in the room or on the cruise???

What does VIP embark and disembark mean, new to this. I thought she might like being on a deck close to the pool, but it looks like suites are only available on deck 7. Any other perks in the room or on the cruise???

deck 7 is the most sought after place- its between cabin space and away from public areas- up 2 decks for food/pools down 2 decks for entertainment.

You get a bath tub instead of a shower.

You get priority check in- no waiting in lines if you arrive to the pier after 11:30.

Is that better than being on Deck 10 right next to the coverted deck chairs :)

Does the embarkation thing work for all the ports or just on check in? Think she has a noonish flight so not sure if the early check on would be that much worth it.....hmmmmm....

Is that better than being on Deck 10 right next to the coverted deck chairs :)

Does the embarkation thing work for all the ports or just on check in? Think she has a noonish flight so not sure if the early check on would be that much worth it.....hmmmmm....

Just the first day getting onboard.

with a noon flight-- there is no reason to get VIP disembarkation. Go to the pursers desk and ask for first off tags-- We always catch an 11:30 light. eat breakfast in the dining room away from the masses.

on deck 10 you want to be careful what is above you. camp carnival- the gym.

The higher you go the more you pay.

the more you pay the more you sway

Room on deck 10 has rooms above and below, so that's ok. On the fence about being so close to the pool/deck and having a great suite room. Prices just dropped again for a suite :)

What else is in the room - fridge? Anything else?

If you go on the Carnival site right now they are running a special. Thought I would give them a call (we booked back in Febuary) to see if they would make good on it. They upgraded 2 of our 3 rooms to Ocean View for free and moved them to the first deck. Our kids are so excited, my husband & I already had a balcony already.

We booked the beginning of March to go April 16th. We were upgraded from a Ocean View to a balcony for free. My in-laws we're also upgraded the same way. WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!

urrrghhhh still torn as to upgrade or not? how much time do you really spend in your room? is the balcony space that much better in an OS? or is it better to be located closer to the pool and be able to use your own bathroom??

Weedris,

Just some quick thoughts while perusing your posts. The OS suites on deck 7 are the preferred rooms. That is why they cost more. The stateroom is bigger. The balcony is bigger. You do get priority embarkation and debarkation and that, for some, can be a big deal. Additionally, an OS has a private dressing area and bathroom with a small jetted tub. They are nice rooms. I have stayed in a few, especially when my husband and I travel with our teen. Deck 7 has cabins above and below. That, on a ship, is a VERY good thing. That being said, for our cruise this coming September, without a teen in tow, hubby and I chose a balcony on deck seven.

Having a room near the pool might be a double-edged sword. The pools are the most hectic places on the ship and the pools themselves are small. Loungers are close together and, at times, the pools are the last place I choose to be on a ship. There are places to lounge with ocean views that do not require you to do battle over a lounger and watch people slipping and sliding all over the place. The pool areas are hectic and can be very crowded.

If getting to a bathroom quickly is an issue, the only other bathrooms more crowded than near the pool and the buffet are those next to the theatre when a dinner service lets out and a show is beginning. Sometimes it is easier to just go back to the room.

Only you can decide what works best for you and your mom.

Whatever you decide...enjoy!

thanks jersey boy.....good point about the pool. i've just heard it's a nightmare unless you're up there at 7am to lay out on a lounger. but hanging on a private deck definitely has more appeal :)

thanks jersey boy.....good point about the pool. i've just heard it's a nightmare unless you're up there at 7am to lay out on a lounger. but hanging on a private deck definitely has more appeal :)

I would not call it a nightmare. I just do not know why people are so he** bent on sitting around the pool. Once you have seen on hairy chest contest, you have kind of seen them all! There are many other places to sit and lots of other things for two grown people to do beyond pool sitting. Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived