Carnival/RCCL/Celebrity Food

mompolo

I have sailed Celebrity 4 times - last time about 7 years ago.

I have sailed RCCL once - about 3 years ago.

I have not sailed Carnival - will sail on my first Carnival cruise in Sept. 2011

My question -

I thought the food on Celebrity was far better than the food on RCCL. I heard that Carnival's food was better than RCCL. However, I recently read that Carnival's food had really taken a down slide and wasn't very good anymore.

If you have sailed these lines - how would you compare them?? It's been a long time since I was on Celebrity - so I don't know if their food is still considered good -

I know a lot of people don't care much as long as they don't have to cook and clean, but dining out (MDR on a cruise) is an important part of our cruise.

Thanks!!

I have not sailed Carnival - will sail on my first Carnival cruise in Sept. 2011

My question -

I thought the food on Celebrity was far better than the food on RCCL. I heard that Carnival's food was better than RCCL. However, I recently read that Carnival's food had really taken a down slide and wasn't very good anymore.

If you have sailed these lines - how would you compare them?? It's been a long time since I was on Celebrity - so I don't know if their food is still considered good -

I know a lot of people don't care much as long as they don't have to cook and clean, but dining out (MDR on a cruise) is an important part of our cruise.

Thanks!!

Umm...I don't think many people have reported Carnival food going downhill. Anyway, I thought that CCL food was in a completely different category vs. RCI food. It was really spectacular. I'm sure it will rival, if not beat, Celebrity's food. And MDR dinner is important to me ;)

My question -

Thanks!!

In response to your question, in my opinion; Carnival meals were better than meals that were served by RCI, but Celebrity meals were better than Carnival’s.

I like Carnival better than Celebrity in the dining room but I like the Celebrity buffet better than Carnival's. No matter which line I am not though I always find more than enough options that I find enjoyable.

I'm a foodie

Been on all inthe last 15 months

My vote goes

1 celebrity -blu rocks!

2 carnival

3 royal

Sorry to go off topic.. but my Father is on the Equinox now.. and texted me.. that there is no bars and no action LMAO... I guess he is enjoying the food or he would have complained about that:D

You will see the dates and cruises below.

Celebrity~~the best.

Royal Caribbean~~better

Carnival~~good, no, make that just ok.

When we first started cruising, everything was homemade and had a touch of class. They had midnight buffets. They don't do the midnight buffet on Carnival. They have made major cut backs in the food area to cover the low cost of the cruise. The food isn't bad, it's just not first class anymore. But are you going on a cruise just for the food? For us it's the ports and the ship we are on. It's the show that the ship has and the people we meet. It's the over all adventure that makes the package. The food is important so IF you are picking your next vacation on the food, you may want to go with Celebrity.

My question -

Thanks!!

We have not cruised RCCL but our opinion overall is that Carnival holds its own for food with Celebrity and HAL..... Here is a summary of our very recent experiences:

Master Dinning Room: CCL(1)/Celeb(2)/HAL(3)

-Hands down CCL...better selection, better quality and better service

Buffet: CCL/Celeb (1) tied/HAL (3)

- Both CCL and Celeb are good but for different reasons...CCL had better veggies and desserts while Celeb had more upscale food...HAL thought we were eating at the food counter at Woolworths

Speciality: Celeb(1)/CCL(2)/HAL(3)

- The Murano on the Solstice was the absolute best...CCL we had great and so so meals but generally good. The Pinnacle on the Westerdam just sucked!!!

JMHO

Thanks

Sorry to go off topic.. but my Father is on the Equinox now.. and texted me.. that there is no bars and no action LMAO... I guess he is enjoying the food or he would have complained about that:D

Wow that's certainly different from mine last august

I was concerned it would be dead

We are in are late forties

And we had a blast

Massive bar bill and all

As far as action.

It suited us fine

Liked the music wife loves to dance

It was a very pleasant surprise

No break dancing demo s

Archived