St Thomas scuba question

mjensen62

I have never done a beginner SCUBA, I'm certified. Having said that, I would tell you to try it. SCUBA is GREAT. You can do plenty of emailing different companies to try this. I think in St Thomas Carnival uses COKI. I used them to do the beach dive. They were great. Give it a try. If you hate it, well at least you can say I did it and I hated it.

The shore dive is not the greatest. There were some fish, not alot. However a beach dive is alot easier then boat for a beginner. Not alot of waves. Will it be great, NO, but for a beginner you'll like it.

If you do like it, get certified. That's when the real fun begins.

I agree with the previous poster. We got certified in a lake in Arkansas, and our first real dive was in St. Thomas with Coki. They were very patient, helpful, and made sure we enjoyed the dive. We saw much to get excited about, particularly for a first dive! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

we just used Blue Island Divers in St. Thomas on 4/2. We are certified but there were 4 people that took a discover scuba dive. We listened in on the instructions and they were great. I would really stay away from the ship dive excursions. They are typically not personal service - imagine it like the buffet line.....grab your gear and sit with 20 others jump in and get out.....not a good situation. Blue Island had a nice boat, 3 instructors for the 8 divers. They were very safe and we had great dives. I would use them again in a second. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

I would also chime in with an approval of DJ and crew from Blue Island. We just returned from a cruise and had a dive with Blue Island. DJ (the owner) went my wife and I and another DM went with a man and his son that were going through certification training. They're very patient, reassuring, and most importantly, nice.

See I never thought that for a beginner's scuba you COULD do it from a boat. As the previous poster said Blue Island divers might be worth looking into.

I would still tell you that a bach dive would be easier, but no matter what as long as you try SCUBA who cares where you do it as long as you do it.

Enjoy your dive, hope you get hooked on it.

Archived