Cafe Caribe Question

dmooers

I will be on the Caribbean Princess for two weeks starting April 30th. I have seen posts referring to the seafood buffet in the Cafe Caribe. I have also seen that on at least one night they served crab legs. Does anyone know on which night crab legs are served? What is served on the other nights? Thanks in Advance.

David

I will be on the Caribbean Princess for two weeks starting April 30th. I have seen posts referring to the seafood buffet in the Cafe Caribe. I have also seen that on at least one night they served crab legs. Does anyone know on which night crab legs are served? What is served on the other nights? Thanks in Advance.

David

The first nite aboard, the Cafe Caribe will serve all the lobster, crab legs & shrimp, you can eat. Was I in heaven!!!

Minette

First night is cold, second night is hot. Middle of the week they bring the crab legs out again. All during the week you will see different seafood items including more shrimp, scallops, oysters, clams and caribbean catch of the day fillets.

Just got off on Sat. We had them the first night and then the 2nd formal night they were available upstairs and that was Thursday. We went up for them and then went down to the dinning room to get the prime-rib. surf and turf.

Jan

I just couldn't find all the answers about this mysterious "Carib Cafe" and I was just dying to find out about all of the seafood..well mostly just the king crablegs and lobster. In case you haven't seen my review of CP...here is the link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=142810 and my pictures of the food.. http://community.webshots.com/album/285271206ygHrvX

Hope these all help...I tried to address the things I couldn't seem to find enough about...you will love your cruise...I'm envious!!

Ok since I am landlocked, grew up on the ocean and LOVE seafood...I'll be heading to the cafe the first night. But question, since this is such a feast what do they serve in the "traditional" dining room? Does Princess expect that a lot of people won't show for their first traditional dinner seating due to this extravagant buffet?..Don't want to have problems not having our regular diningroom seating if we go to the cafe the first night...anyone with input?

Thanks..Em

It's the first night... the "Sail-Away" night (Saturday night). Most people don't have a clue about the Caribe Cafe and the king crab, huge shrimp and lobster. If you have traditional seating in the Dining room and don't show up the first night, I would think they would still hold your seat...but you may want to check with them to be safe. We always pick PC on a Princess cruise. We love that option and it is one of the many things we love about Princess. Lots of people went to the Dining Room early and then later heard about the goodies in Caribe Cafe and then went up there later in the evening for some yummy seafood snacks. Some people would go up early to Caribe and get some plates of crab and shrimp and lobster(when available) and drawn butter and scurry to their balconies to munch away before the going to the Dining Room. Sometimes we would eat up in the Caribe, sometimes we would take it to our room, sometimes we would go twice and sometimes we would eat in the Dining Room and the Caribe :D....Endless possibilities :)

The Dining Room Menus and Princess Patters (the front page of the Patter always mentions the main dishes at the Caribe for the evening) are at http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com thanks to the thoughtfulness of another cruise-aholic :) Both Formal Nights had endless grilled lobster tails in the Caribe. The Formal Nights were Sunday and Thursday and the dress in the Caribe was anywhere from nice casual to a few people in formals.(the people in formals were generally worn by people that had eaten in the Dining room earlier):D

I don't remember which days but twice during the cruise, they had an unbelievable Sushi Extravaganza for lunch. You just have to check everyday to see what they have in the Caribe before getting too full on something else :D The sushi was to die for...check out my pictures!!

Archived