Caribbean Princess--What time on last night does luggage have to be put out?

Linda2433

what time do you have to have your luggage out for pick up or whatever on the final night Fri. Before you get off the ship on Sat. ? This is just for your checked baggage, you are still allowed to keep your carry-on stuff or the stuff you don't want to put out the night before right?

what time do you have to have your luggage out for pick up or whatever on the final night Fri. Before you get off the ship on Sat. ? This is just for your checked baggage, you are still allowed to keep your carry-on stuff or the stuff you don't want to put out the night before right?

Linda, we've gone as late as 11:00 p.m. the night before with no issues the next morning.

But them out after you get back from dinner. I wouldn't do it much later than 11:00ppm.

It is not 5:00pm. I hear so many people that get confused about this. What Princess asks is that you put out any bags that you are done with before going to dinner and then but out your last bags after you return for the evening.

I am going to look in my Patters when I get home and post the exact qoute because I hear so many people complaining that they have to have the bags out by dinner and that is just not true!

Scott

Just checked out about baggage collection for Caribbean Princess, from last July & it says.....

We request your help in placing the majority of your baggage outside your stateroom from 5PM this evening ( before you proceed to dinner). The remainder of your luggage should be placed outside your stateroom at your earliest convenience after dinner.

Minette

I think that I am going to set the record for this. In 2000 we sailed on the Ocean Princess btb on the 3rd and 4th sailing of the brand new ship. We sailed out of San Juan. I forget now exactly what we were doing but something prevented us from starting to pack before dinner. We had second seating and didn't get back to our room until almost 11:00pm. We started packing and to our horror we didn't have enough suitcase space becuse of the souvenirs, gifts, photos and a small painting we had bought. Luckily our travel agent had given us two Princess carry-on bags that could expand up to be about 3' by 8" when full. This was a life saver but caused us to have to repack all the other suitcases to take into account the fact that we now had these two additional ones. We didn't get out suitcases out until 03:30. No problems the next morning but we were tired. We also learned our lesson, we no longer pack any suitcase more than 75% full and usually take an empty one along too. So, has anyone ever put their luggage out later than 03:30?

thanks for the replies, do you know how soon we have to be out of the cabin in the AM, Sat.? I Haven't even gotten their yet and I am worried about what time I have to get off? Have a 4:30 flight out of Ft. Lauderdale so what is the latest we can get off ship?

thanks for the replies, do you know how soon we have to be out of the cabin in the AM, Sat.? I Haven't even gotten their yet and I am worried about what time I have to get off? Have a 4:30 flight out of Ft. Lauderdale so what is the latest we can get off ship?

They request that you are out of the cabin by 8:00 if I recall. We usually go have breakfast and then come back down and get our bags and wait in a public area. They usually start letting people off around 8:30 and as the prior post said the ship is empty by 10:00-10:30.

Scott

They like you out of the cabin as early as possible since they need to get it ready for the next passengers that are boarding at 11:30.

We typically go get breakfast around 7:30. We leave our luggage in the closet area and let the steward know that he can start cleaning the cabin and we will pick up our luggage as soon as we are done breakfast. Then we usually go wait out on the Promenade deck for them to call us for disembarkation. Most people find a lounge to sit and wait in.

By 10:00 - 10:30 you will have to be off the ship. Basically on the last morning you get up, eat breakfast and leave. There is not much open and the crew is busy getting everything ready for the next cruise.

Scott

You might want to look into booking a ship excursion that last day ( they become available 2-3 days before the end of the cruise. That gets you off the ship among the first, your baggage is taken to the airport for you and you can do some activity until its time to get to airport. It beats the endless and I DO mean endless waiting that happens that last day.

Well on Friday night, our luggage was supposed to be in the hallway at 5pm. We had felt the affects of Hurricane Jeanne for 2 days so my wife and I decided to watch a movie on the big screen until 5pm. I was convinced from looking at the weather models (i have a degree in meteorology) that we weren't going back to port. When we got back to the cabin, the message came over the pa that our cruise was extended.

Short answer, 5pm the night before docking. Hope your cruise is extended as well unless it is the week before outs.

Well on Friday night, our luggage was supposed to be in the hallway at 5pm. We had felt the affects of Hurricane Jeanne for 2 days so my wife and I decided to watch a movie on the big screen until 5pm. I was convinced from looking at the weather models (i have a degree in meteorology) that we weren't going back to port. When we got back to the cabin, the message came over the pa that our cruise was extended.

Short answer, 5pm the night before docking. Hope your cruise is extended as well unless it is the week before outs.

You do NOT have to have your luggage out at 5:00pm!!

Scott

I just returned from the CP this past Saturday and We put all our luggage out before going to dinner about 7PM and when We returned it was all taken.I think it was a great idea as the Ship cleared about 8:30AM next morning and We were off and in our Car by 8:55AM. We had a long drive back to NY so We were very happy. Everbody from what We could see did the same thing.You didn't hear the luggage handlers banging about thru the night as I have experienced on other ships. Ike

Short answer, 5pm the night before docking.
I have never, ever put my luggage out by 5PM. You can, but you don't have to. I normally have everything packed before dinner and when I get back my cabin and get ready for bed, I tuck in my dinner clothes and put the luggage out the door. Since I normally have late (traditional) seating, that means my luggage goes out the door between 10:30 and 11PM.

Thanks Pam, That sounds good. I would like to be able to put whatever I am wearing that night into the luggage to be taken. I won't need those clothes in my carry on. They really don't give you much time to get off the ship in the AM do they? Will probably skip the breakfast and do that when we get off as we will have so much time until 4:30 for a flight.

This varies from ship to ship. PRINCESS usually suggests that you place your luggage outside your room before going to dinner on the last night. This is to give the porters plenty of time to collect luggage and sort it by the colored disembarkation tags. It also allows 1st sittings luggage to be collected before the hallways become crowded again with the luggage of 2nd sitting passengers. Also, all luggage can be collected before passengers retire for the evening, since the collection activities can be quite noisy! However, the seasoned cruiser knows that you can place your luggage outside your stateroom after returning from dinner and the last show of the evening, usually around midnight. The one case where I would try to get luggage outside early is on the northbound Alaska cruises. These tend to arrive (in Whittier or Seward) around 2 AM, with disembarkation starting around 5 AM, for those flying out early, or with tours starting in some of the more remote parts of Alaska, such as Prudhoe Bay. (This applies to some European itineraries also, especially if Istanbul is involved.) I would suggest trying to get half of your luggage ready to go before dinner; the remainder can wait until you return from the last supper (as it has been called on many cruises) and final show (often the passenger talent show).

Archived