About being cheap

bodog402

The crew has to be paid one way or the other: it can be done by tipping, or by incresed fares. Which would you prefer?

The passenger pays the same so does it matter?

Increase fares by the tip amount and eliminate the ability for scumbags to remove tips. Pretty simple solution.

Understanding that the economy is in terrible shape and everyone wants to save a buck during their cruise, I personally have a "pet peeve" with those cruiser's who are just :mad:CHEAP:mad: !

My biggest pet peeve with those cheap cruiser's are those who remove all the auto-tips indicating that tipping should be voluntary based upon service and in reality these cheap cruisers really never tip at all !

What’s your experience involving the cheap cruiser ?

A couple of years ago, I was on the inaugural transatlantic of the Independence of the seas. Amazing, ship, great crew, wish they would offer this TA again. My usual habit is to tip $1 for a soda or beer, $2 for a mixed drink. One evening I was in the main theatre. I had just gotten my drink, tipped $2, and was looking forward to a relaxing evening. Just as the waitress walked away, a man came up to me and informed me that a service charge is included in the price of the drink, and I didn't have to tip. I was on vacation, truly enjoying the cruise, so I just smiled and said thanks, but in my head, all I could hear was "f**k you!!" The next day, the waitress from the previous night served me again at a lounge near the main theatre. Again, I tipped her $2. She thanked me and nodded her head toward a lounge area that had a "private event" sign by the door. She told me that there were so many returning passangers on the ship who only went to the events with open bars and did not tip. She said if it wasn't for me and a couple from England, she would likely not be making any money. It amazes me that so many people can be so cheap! :p

Here is a really good article...People who expect tips as part of their salary (room Stewards, waiters, assistant waiters) make as low as $50.00 a month base salary.

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/ot.html

Thank you for the excellent article. Hopefully, some of you who refuse to tip will realize that not tipping on a cruise ship amounts to

SLAVERY !

Thank you for the excellent article. Hopefully, some of you who refuse to tip will realize that not tipping on a cruise ship amounts to

SLAVERY !

Bored this morning? The thread beginning to disappear?

Too funny! Here is a post you made last year,

"In response to all the negative comments towards Carnival , I ask that I may render an opinion.

I personally believe that Carnival provides an excellent valued vacation. How many vacation locations can you name were a party of two for under $1000 can be housed, feed good food to no end, entertained, gamble, transported to several foreign countries and back, provided good customer service and pampered for an entire week ! Lets get real folks. Carnival is a muti-billion dollar corporation that provides their shareholders with value while still entertaining the traveling masses for next to nothing. Granted, not all vacations are flawless and problems do occur, but I believe that Carnival truly attempts to correct these flaws as they occur. If you guys really want service, then spend twice as much and travel on the Oasis or triple as much and hop on the QE2 ! For me, I truly enjoy Carnival’s value and I shall continue sailing Carnival.:D"

If the wages are so bad that not tipping amounts to slavery, why do you keep embracing Carnival and boarding cruise ships? If I truly believed that the crew on a cruise were exploited, I would NOT board a ship.

Along those lines and in response to your hyperbole, why do you insist that some who have, at times, not tipped, "refuse" to tip? The world is not so black and white. For example, in a post last year your questioned your friends ability to smoke medical marijuana while on a cruise. Some of us would support your friend's use of medical marijuana. While some others believe it is the "gateway" drug and should be banned forever with no medical use allowed. Your incredibly selective point of view is really interesting and truly ill-informed.

I walked with five or six ship employees last year in port. They were heading to a coffee shop in Nassau to use the free WIFI. Several were carrying laptops.

Just an FYI....... I always tip, even when service was deplorable and I walk away regretting it.

jerseyralph-

Let me guess,

you most be from the following cities-

Camden

Newark

Patterson

Trenton

Willingboro

Dover

Atlantic City

Bridgeton

Cumberland

:)

Your memory is short. As I mentioned a day or three ago, I live in Hunterdon County.

Interesting that some or all, of the municipalities you list me as likely to "be from" are Abbott districts. I hope you understand what that means. I am not sure what point you were attempting to make. FYI....most of those you list are not cities.

Anyhow, I would be proud to be from each of these municipalities. That might mean that I had survived the awful union-driven educational system, am likely part of a minority group, likely live at or near the poverty level, come from a single parent household and, despite it all, have gone on into adulthood with the ability to think clearly, problem solve and effectively contribute to the world at large. Our significant Jersey tax dollars well spent!

Enjoy your day

Bored this morning? The thread beginning to disappear?

Too funny! Here is a post you made last year,

"In response to all the negative comments towards Carnival , I ask that I may render an opinion.

I personally believe that Carnival provides an excellent valued vacation. How many vacation locations can you name were a party of two for under $1000 can be housed, feed good food to no end, entertained, gamble, transported to several foreign countries and back, provided good customer service and pampered for an entire week ! Lets get real folks. Carnival is a muti-billion dollar corporation that provides their shareholders with value while still entertaining the traveling masses for next to nothing. Granted, not all vacations are flawless and problems do occur, but I believe that Carnival truly attempts to correct these flaws as they occur. If you guys really want service, then spend twice as much and travel on the Oasis or triple as much and hop on the QE2 ! For me, I truly enjoy Carnival’s value and I shall continue sailing Carnival.:D"

If the wages are so bad that not tipping amounts to slavery, why do you keep embracing Carnival and boarding cruise ships? If I truly believed that the crew on a cruise were exploited, I would NOT board a ship.

Along those lines and in response to your hyperbole, why do you insist that some who have, at times, not tipped, "refuse" to tip? The world is not so black and white. For example, in a post last year your questioned your friends ability to smoke medical marijuana while on a cruise. Some of us would support your friend's use of medical marijuana. While some others believe it is the "gateway" drug and should be banned forever with no medical use allowed. Your incredibly selective point of view is really interesting and truly ill-informed.

I walked with five or six ship employees last year in port. They were heading to a coffee shop in Nassau to use the free WIFI. Several were carrying laptops.

Just an FYI....... I always tip, even when service was deplorable and I walk away regretting it.

LMAO Busted:D

Archived