Experience with Hannibel Sting Ray

beach410

No. We used Stingray Sailing at http://www.stingraysailing.com

About Island Marketing, we booked Mr. Sancho's Beach resort in Cozumel for an all-inclusive day. The web site directed us through paypal and Island Marketing for reservations. After we arrived we decided to skip the AI and just have lunch and enjoy the beach for a couple of hours. When we inquired about using our deposit toward horseback riding, we were told that Island Marketing had the deposit $ and Mr. Sancho's would never received the money and would only make what we paid them that day. Needless to say, I am po'ed about Island Marketing and am trying to get my money back from them.

I am not sure why you are upset. You booked something, paid a deposit to confirm it, then changed your mind at the last minute. Try that with a cruise or airline. Third party marketing outfits such a Island Marketing typically take a small deposit which becomes their commission, refundable to the customer IF the ship doesn't call or the excursion is cancelled, not because the customer changes their mind. Cruise lines mark up excursions a minimum of 50%, often far higher, which is why excursions booked through them are invariably more expensive.

Just got off the Crown Princess & we used IM to book Captain Bryans Stingray City excursion.

We were very pleased. It was well organized, had no problems with leaving deposit and then paying balance there. It was a fun day. Despite the fact that there were quite a few other catamarans there at the same time, I got to interact with the Stingrays and can't wait to get the CD I purchased!

Michelle:)

Archived