Carnival Dream Western- Review with Pictures

Will&Hel

Hey Will, after commenting on my review, I am glad I found yours also. Really don't know how I missed it prior to our sailing, as I thought I pretty much read all the Dream reviews from February until we left for Orlando at the end of March.

Anyway, great review and great pics. I agree with your comments about the smoke in the Piano bar. We tried sitting inside a couple of times, but I guess being used to being in completely smokefree bars now, we just found the smoke too much. It wasn't too bad sat outside on the non-smoking area, but we found that being sat there almost excluded you from what was happening inside.

We also heard a couple of people being rather rude to some of the crew, which I find staggering considering how polite they are in difficult circumstances. In fact, we were chatting to one of the bar staff late one night who was saying that whilst it is pretty rare, they do receive a bit of stick, which they do have to deal with. I suppose there are always a handful of people who are never satisfied.

Great to hear another Brit's view though, even if you do hail from Yorkshire ;)

Cheers

Paul

Hey Will, after commenting on my review, I am glad I found yours also. Really don't know how I missed it prior to our sailing, as I thought I pretty much read all the Dream reviews from February until we left for Orlando at the end of March.

Anyway, great review and great pics. I agree with your comments about the smoke in the Piano bar. We tried sitting inside a couple of times, but I guess being used to being in completely smokefree bars now, we just found the smoke too much. It wasn't too bad sat outside on the non-smoking area, but we found that being sat there almost excluded you from what was happening inside.

We also heard a couple of people being rather rude to some of the crew, which I find staggering considering how polite they are in difficult circumstances. In fact, we were chatting to one of the bar staff late one night who was saying that whilst it is pretty rare, they do receive a bit of stick, which they do have to deal with. I suppose there are always a handful of people who are never satisfied.

Great to hear another Brit's view though, even if you do hail from Yorkshire ;)

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul- we Brits seem to a minority on Carnival, my first trip there were 6 of us, this last one 8. According to John Heald's blog Carnival are looking to push the english market and hinting they may keep a ship in Europe in 2012

I think that would be a good thing - I would certainly consider it. We are looking at doing the Med next year, and are currently looking at RCI\NCL\Princess. Bit disappointed to have missed Carnival Magic this year, as it looks to have some nice new features.

We may just hang on then to see what develops.

[quote name='Nolsie']I think that would be a good thing - I would certainly consider it. We are looking at doing the Med next year, and are currently looking at RCI\NCL\Princess. Bit disappointed to have missed Carnival Magic this year, as it looks to have some nice new features.

We may just hang on then to see what develops.[/QUOTE]

We also looking at the med- waiting for Carnival Breeze itineraries to come out- should have been 18 April but rumours are they are going to be late maybe mid-May. If its similar to the Magic 12 day we may go for it- got to use my FCC some time:D

Archived