Dolphin Swim

CRUISING71

Hello,

Which is a better port for Dolphin Swim? Cabo or PV? We are planning to book directly with the ship.

Thanks,

Tibby

Can not say which is better as we only did the one in Cabo, which was fantastic. Facility is is about a 2 or 3 minute walk once you are off the tender.

In PV it is about 1/2 away from the cruise terminal but you do have a much longer day in PV.

I don't know about cabo, but we did the dolphin excursion in PV. It was awesome! Worth every penny. Make sure you choose the dolphin swim, otherwise you just feed them and pet them. I would say, do the dolphin swim in whichever port you don't have other things you want to do. :rolleyes:

I highly recommend Cabo dolphins signature swim. LOVED IT!!!!

It is a quicik 5 minute walk from where the tender drops you off so no transportation needed. You can shop along the marina until your excursion time. The facility itself has restrooms with lockers so you can change & lock up your belongings. They take very good care of the dolphins. They won't let you wear rings or things that can scratch the dolphins. You get to feed it, kiss it, dance with it, swim with it. My DH & I held a pole on each end & our dolphin jumped over the pole between us. You got to choose between a pectoral fin swim (belly to belly) or dorsal fin (riding her back) across the pool. Our kids wanted to do it when they saw our pictures so we took them next trip.

2552444050040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2017689590040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

The tenders drops you off where the little white ramada's are toward the right side center of this picture so you can see how far away it is.

2567928930040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

PS: I highly recommend buying their professional pictures. They are worth it. The excursion is worth every penny too.

In Puerto Vallarta they bus you to the location and provide a pretty good buffet lunch. The pics that I purchased were just under $100.00 including a cd of them as well. The facility was very nice and clean and they took the same precautions that were mentioned earlier. Also, we were told that some of the proceeds were used to help preservation efforts. I can't recall all of the details but it sounded good. It was a wonderful experience for our daughter and worth every cent.

Az Girl, about how much are the pictures and video? Need to budget!

The cd was $99 USD and individual pictures they print were either $20 or $25 each. I will warn you that I had trouble here locally getting pictures printed off the cd with it looking good. I went to a couple different photo shops to have printed and the blue wasn't looking good and crisp like their pictures look. There is an advantage to getting hard prints cuz they know what they are doing for coloring and the image quality. The cd has several stock photo's plus 8 or 10 photo's I chose out the bunch that were taken.

I read some reviews on the Dolphin Swim in Cabo that said that you can't take your own pictures. But on the description of the excursion on the NCL website it says that cameras are welcome. Can anyone tell me which is correct, please?

Thank you!

Archived