Tour operators?

beach410

You can try Autoprogreso, they are the official company offering tours at a great value for the price they charge, you can request information at info@autoprogreso.com last time i did, the man replied me within 12 hours or so! highly recommended!

We are going back to Progresso in May, can't wait!

Cheers from the hot border : )

• 1 year later...

We were in your same boat (no pun intended) a couple of months ago and booked with Criss Tours. Do not use them. We have been on several cruises and used local excursions on all of the trips prior to going to Progreso. After going to Progreso, I would never again use Criss Tours nor any other local tours. I would use the cruise lines excursion. Not only did we have a horrible experience (noted below) but we also compared posted costs between the cruise excursions and the local prices. They were almost identical but with much risk using the local tours. Please see our note below regarding our experience with Criss Tours.

My family had a very poor experience in March with Criss Tours in Progreso and we would strongly recommend not using this tour operator. When we scheduled a tour to go to Silcer Beach Club and arrived at Progreso on Carnival, Criss told us that we had to go to Iguana Beach Club instead. We learned later that he charged my family $10 more per person ($49 per adult) than the Spanish-speaking passengers ($39 per adult) who were also going along. At the Iguana Beach Club, my daughter left her iPhone behind, which Criss said he would retrieve and meet me at the market area near the ship. When Criss did not show up or call me (as he had promised), we called the Beach Club and confirmed that Criss' employee Jose had picked it up and signed for it. When I called Criss, he told me they had looked, but no one could find the iPhone. Then I told him that the Beach Club had confirmed that his employee now had it. Criss had a conversation with Jose in Spanish (who apparently was standing next to him) while I was on the phone, he told me, "good news, we have the phone here". I spent the next two weeks calling Criss and emailing him in an attempt to get the phone back. He kept assuring me that he would send it. Finally, he told me it would cost $75 to send the phone to the U.S., which I sent him immediately via PayPal. But he will not sent the phone. I informed him that I would be posting this warning to all Cruisers going to Progresso, but he still has not sent my daughter's phone. Perhaps he has already sold it and cannot get it back. At this point, between our $500 iPhone and my $75 I sent him for shipping, I figure he has taken me for $575 plus what I overpaid to go to the Iguana Beach Club.

I would humbly suggest that not all local tour operators be tarred with the same brush. :)

I can't say enough positive things about Autoprogreso. Are using them again in May. My adult daughter and I usually travel alone and we have never a bad experience using AP.

We were in your same boat (no pun intended) a couple of months ago and booked with Criss Tours. Do not use them. We have been on several cruises and used local excursions on all of the trips prior to going to Progreso. After going to Progreso, I would never again use Criss Tours nor any other local tours. I would use the cruise lines excursion. Not only did we have a horrible experience (noted below) but we also compared posted costs between the cruise excursions and the local prices. They were almost identical but with much risk using the local tours. Please see our note below regarding our experience with Criss Tours.

My family had a very poor experience in March with Criss Tours in Progreso and we would strongly recommend not using this tour operator. When we scheduled a tour to go to Silcer Beach Club and arrived at Progreso on Carnival, Criss told us that we had to go to Iguana Beach Club instead. We learned later that he charged my family $10 more per person ($49 per adult) than the Spanish-speaking passengers ($39 per adult) who were also going along. At the Iguana Beach Club, my daughter left her iPhone behind, which Criss said he would retrieve and meet me at the market area near the ship. When Criss did not show up or call me (as he had promised), we called the Beach Club and confirmed that Criss' employee Jose had picked it up and signed for it. When I called Criss, he told me they had looked, but no one could find the iPhone. Then I told him that the Beach Club had confirmed that his employee now had it. Criss had a conversation with Jose in Spanish (who apparently was standing next to him) while I was on the phone, he told me, "good news, we have the phone here". I spent the next two weeks calling Criss and emailing him in an attempt to get the phone back. He kept assuring me that he would send it. Finally, he told me it would cost $75 to send the phone to the U.S., which I sent him immediately via PayPal. But he will not sent the phone. I informed him that I would be posting this warning to all Cruisers going to Progresso, but he still has not sent my daughter's phone. Perhaps he has already sold it and cannot get it back. At this point, between our $500 iPhone and my $75 I sent him for shipping, I figure he has taken me for $575 plus what I overpaid to go to the Iguana Beach Club.

This sounds like a horrible experience ... sorry for losses with them and good to know!

You can try Autoprogreso, they are the official company offering tours at a great value for the price they charge, you can request information at info@autoprogreso.com last time i did, the man replied me within 12 hours or so! highly recommended!

We are going back to Progresso in May, can't wait!

Cheers from the hot border : )

We will be back in Progreso in May also

Archived