Crown Kids Club Sign in and out Policy

west2000

Just been having a discussion with DS (11) about kids club on Crown. Previously we have sailed with RCI who's policy was to allow children aged 9 and over to sign themselves in and out with parental consent. The only time he did this was to sign himself in after dinner (traditional seating 6pm) while we stayed to enjoy coffee. Told him I would ask on CC what the policy was on Princess. Can anyone advise?

Thanks.:)

I don't recall the specific age cutoff that Princess has for children to sign them selves in and out with parental consent. However, our son was 11 on our last cruise and we signed a release for him to sign himself in and out, so you will be able to do this for your son. He only used this privilege once or twice as we typically could not pry him away from the Shockwaves program. He made friends from several different countries and really enjoyed the activies, such as giant Jenga, mini golf, karaoke night,an ice cream sundae party and lots of boys vs. girls challenges. There was a free night in the video arcade as well. Our daughter was in Shockwaves the same cruise and also loved it!

When my girl was 8, I didn't give her sign in/sign out privileges. For Shockwaves, it's the parents' choice whether to do so or not. At age 11, your child may want the responsibility, but again, it's up to you.

For Remix, there wasn't the choice.

Just came back from the Crown Princess and for any child registered in shockwaves (ages 8 - 12), the parent can decide whether or not to give him sign in and/or sign out privileges. We did allow our 8 yr old daughter and 11 year old son to sign themselves in or out. We also told them if they were going to sign out, they had to be in one of two places: the room or the pool. No wandering the ship and no going to other friends' rooms. The 11 year old got a little frustrated because apparently we were stricter than the other parents of the kids he met. I think he only ended up siging him self out one night because they were having fun hanging out in the Kids Club. The sign out privleges came in handy though when I went to the Kids Club to pick them up and did not have a picture ID (which they said was necessary if I wanted to sign them out myself). And the sign in priveleges were terrific when we wanted to linger at dinner or when we would feed them early and then get ready in the room before our late dinner. BTW we had anytime dining (in the Michaelangelo Dining Room) and NEVER had a wait more trhan 5 minutes any night. Each night we ate dinner at a different time according to our family's schedule which was TERRIFIC!

Thanks for all the info. When we cruised last year with RCI as you have said the greatest difficulty was prizing him away from activities. He really enjoyed making new friends. Will give him the same trust again with the same rules ( glad there are other so called strict parents out there too:)) Really starting to look forward to this its been a long winter!

Archived