crossing the equator cruise rituals

cocojohannesburg

Cruising on the MSC Sinfonia March 2012 from South Africa to Genoa and as it would be our first time crossing the equator, I was wondering if any rituals or ceromonies take place and what they would entail? Has anyone done this onboard the Sinfonia before?

Cruising on the MSC Sinfonia March 2012 from South Africa to Genoa and as it would be our first time crossing the equator, I was wondering if any rituals or ceromonies take place and what they would entail? Has anyone done this onboard the Sinfonia before?

Yes on both the Sinfonia and Musica. It's a neptune ceremony. Only first time crossers can take part but anyone can watch. Someone dresses up as neptune, the entertainment team organise the other volunteers before hand and then the fun begins. It is not my sort of thing, so I didn't go along to watch on either trip, but people who did said it was a great laugh. It involves the pool and folk getting dunked in it.

Archived