Lido Desserts

John&John

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that:

• Mint Chocolate Cake has no taste of mint (very delicious anyway!)?
  • Key Lime Cheesecake tastes like plain cheesecake?
  • Chocolate Raspberry Pie has no taste of raspberry?

To be honest, I have a hard time identifying most of the desserts from Lido. :D Some are good and some are bad, but few are identifiable by taste.

The Buffet has better deserts than the main dinning room. I sometimes read the desert menu and... I instead... choose to go to the Buffet to eat my desert.

It is true that some deserts look beautiful but don't taste that great.

I do like the key lime pie. I also like the caribbean cup cakes. The fruit tarts are good too.

Here is my advise..... add some of the chopped fresh fruits to your choice of desert to give the desert more flavor. That is what I do.

The Buffet has better deserts than the main dinning room. I sometimes read the desert menu and... I instead... choose to go to the Buffet to eat my desert.

It is true that some deserts look beautiful but don't taste that great.

I do like the key lime pie. I also like the caribbean cup cakes. The fruit tarts are good too.

Here is my advise..... add some of the chopped fresh fruits to your choice of desert to give the desert more flavor. That is what I do.

I also love the key lime pie but they didn't have it my last cruise...:(

Normally I'm not a cheesecake person, but oddly enough, the cheesecakes are usually my favorite Lido dessert. I also like the key lime pie. I'd usually walk a mile for a piece of cake, and I haven't found one yet that I like in the buffet line. Go figure.

The mint chocolate cake we had on embarkation was very good (even without the mint flavor).

The chocolate raspberry pie kind of tasted a little like melting cake, but was not melting - it was very rich.

My husband and I love the food on the cruise. We were just saying how bland all the lido deck desserts are. He wants to put a bag of double stuff oreos in a bowl and see how long they last. I have had box cakes that taste better than theirs do. LOL Sometimes the simple things are just better.

My husband and I love the food on the cruise. We were just saying how bland all the lido deck desserts are. He wants to put a bag of double stuff oreos in a bowl and see how long they last. I have had box cakes that taste better than theirs do. LOL Sometimes the simple things are just better.

Funny you say that...one of my favorite things to have are the chocolate chip cookies! YUM!

Archived