Anniversary gift- champagne and strawberries

My husband and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary aboard the beautiful Allure of the Seas in October. I am wondering who has ordered the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and what the quality was? Do they give you a choice on what night to have it delivered?

Our anniversary is the 6th night of the cruise and I thought that might be a fun surprise after dinner at Chop's. The other thought is having it on the first night as a good way to kick off the cruise! (decisions, decisions!!) I am also contemplating taking our champagne flutes from our wedding to use. We are driving, so no worries about airlines breaking them and such.

Thanks for your assistance!!

I would go for after Chops and leave the flutes at home. Here's why:

1. I've ordered champagne and strawberries before on land and sea for anniversaries and for birthdays (normally on the night we arrive to the hotel or depart on the boat) and have YET to have them arrive on time for the desired effect. I'd MUCH rather have a later time if possible so I can verify 24, 12, and 1 hour ahead of delivery. Safer that way and you have the luxury of flexibility on this trip.

2. The idea of the flutes from the wedding is awesome, but still risky. What if your room steward accidentally takes them up after use thinking they are from somewhere on board? Even worse, what if you forget them on the way home? Slim chance, yeah, but do you want to take it?

Archived