Hot deals with air travel

Coco85

I have been looking at the hot deals on the Royal Caribbean website.

For those who have booked before do you think its cheaper to book your air travel with Royal Caribbean as a package or do you do your air travel separately?

I looked up the 7 nights to Dubai with air travel & it came out at £2200 total for two people.

Looking at cruise only its £379pp for the cruise then I can do flights with emirates for £1012 for us both.

Just was curious to know what everyone else prefers to do when it comes to booking.

Stacey

Hi Stacey,

I have allways found you can allways get cheaper flights DIY. Having said that we booked nos september with air with rc. Only because we got one of the so called free flights. We have noticed the cruise price at the time was hugely inflated. with the reduction since booking we are still slightley better off ( £30 )

Hi Stacey,

I have allways found you can allways get cheaper flights DIY. Having said that we booked nos september with air with rc. Only because we got one of the so called free flights. We have noticed the cruise price at the time was hugely inflated. with the reduction since booking we are still slightley better off ( £30 )

Thank you. I thought it might be better to DIY but wasnt sure. The only thing I am unsure of is how far the ports are from the airports etc.

We managed to get free flights with our Royal Caribbean cruise so was quite lucky this time.

ti

I would rather take a Package with RCI as ii would be stress free. Any delays would be down to RCI, but it all depends on where the cruise starts from.

Booking separately, you would have to travel a day or more earlier to ensure that you did not miss the cruise. You would then have to factor in the cost of a hotel for the one or three nights you are there.

Its all down to personal preference, however Dubai is expensive, but I must say I would like to spend a few days there.

Have a good cruise, whatever you decide.

Regards

JO:)

Just a thought I would never consider flying the same day as the cruise day. I would be so stressed from day1 of booking. Maybe it is just an age thing? Only been on 2 cruises carribean & mexican riviera both diy flights saved loads even with hotel befere & after.

ti

I would rather take a Package with RCI as ii would be stress free. Any delays would be down to RCI, but it all depends on where the cruise starts from.

Booking separately, you would have to travel a day or more earlier to ensure that you did not miss the cruise. You would then have to factor in the cost of a hotel for the one or three nights you are there.

Its all down to personal preference, however Dubai is expensive, but I must say I would like to spend a few days there.

Have a good cruise, whatever you decide.

Regards

JO:)

Good thinking hun :)

As for the flights to Dubai they are always dodgy arrival times too, when we have been a couple of times in the past one flight we arrived at 12.15 in the morning and the next time we arrived at 7.30am.

I do prefer the idea of a package, always have done, especially working in a travel agent, like you say any delays etc will be sorted out if its a package. x

Hi Stacey,

I am not sure about booking from Europe, but I have found that when taking overseas cruises, using cruiseline airfare is cheaper.

On my Currently booked TA, it was only an extra $1300 per person for the total airfare and transportation to ship. The airfare only would have cost me about $1600 a person if I booked independently. Now, I don't even have to worry about getting myself to the airport. On my Antarctica Cruise it was also a lot cheaper to use the cruise line than to try and book myself to Argentina.

I would never book Cruise airfare for domestic flights. I agree, those are always cheaper.

Archived