Paying for someone else's gratuities

socaldesign

We're taking by brother and family on the Magic next March. Besides the cruise, we're going to have a bottle sent to their room and also want to prepay their base gratuities for the week. Anything else they put on S&S they'll pay for. Can I have their tips put on our S&S and let everything else they charge go on theirs? I don't want to make a big deal about it to them. I just want it to be an expense they don't have to think about. (I will let them know just so they don't double up on what I've already paid).

I did a search on the topic and found some old info on another cruiseline board but couldn't find anything on CCL.

If you used Carnival to book, and know their reservation number you can call Carnival and prepay them. If you used a travel agent, call them and tell them you want to prepay the gratuities:) We always prepay the gratuities, just one less thing on S&S:eek:

On a side note.. Will you adopt me?

It's his 50th birthday, plus he's done some great pro bono work for my company, plus we've always taken nieces/nephews on one special vacation when they're just about to be teens (and we're way too old to be schlepping around Disney World for a week).

It's his 50th birthday, plus he's done some great pro bono work for my company, plus we've always taken nieces/nephews on one special vacation when they're just about to be teens (and we're way too old to be schlepping around Disney World for a week).

Well, you're an awesome aunt/uncle/brother/sister or whatever the case may be. And I still want you to adopt me.

Archived