Empress of the Seas

Did you see any children waving? I hear it's popular for the kids to wave at the passengers as the train passes by them.

Yes, I think there were at least 3 occasions. I only caught one of them.

Apparently the 2006 itinerary will remain intact. However, for 2007 they plan on replacing Grenada with another sea day, and St. Barts with Tortola. According to the officer we spoke with on our recent 5-night cruise, they take pax suggestions very seriously. People on the 11-night wanted an additional sea day, and there were many complaints about St. Barts' as far as high prices and snooty treatment. So, if you want 9 ports of call instead of 8, book for 2006. Just a 'heads up'.

p.s. We didn't notice the above in St. Barts'. But, then again, we didn't go shopping there.

denb,

Thanks for taking the time to send the pic. Looks like it was a really nice tour. I can't wait.

Best,

Bruce

Bruce

Holland America's ms Volendam, December 16, 2004, 11 Day Southern Carribean

Holland America's ms Zuiderdam, April 9th, 2005, 7 Night Eastern Carribean

Soon To Sail on RCCL, Empress of the Seas, October 10th, 2005, 7 Night Eastern Carribean

Can anyone tell me if there is complementary laundry service if you are Platnium and sailing in a Junior Suite on the 11 night sailing of the Empress? Seems to me I read that somewhere or Maybe I was in a wishful thinking mode. If not how are the prices?

Laundry service is not complementary even in an Owner's Suite. The following is clipped from their web site. Sorry, but the formatting gets lost on here.

Self-Service Laundry facilities are not provided onboard any Royal Caribbean International ships; however, full laundry and dry cleaning services are provided :

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN Shirt/T-Shirt:$2.50Blouse:$3.50Shirt (dress):$3.00Dress (wash):$5.00Underwear:$1.20Skirt:$3.50Jeans:$3.00Nightgown:$3.00Pajamas:$4.00Swimsuit:$2.00Handkerchif:$0.75Slip:$2.50Shorts:$2.50Housecoat:$3.50Bathrobe:$3.50Hosiery:$3.50Pants (wash):$3.50Slacks:$3.50Sweatshirt:$3.00 Socks:$1.00

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN Suit:$7.00Evening Gown:$8.00Pants:$4.25Dress$7.00Jacket:$4.50Silk Blouse:$5:00Sweater:$4.00Silk Dress:$8.00Coat:$7.00Skirt$4.50Tie:$2.00Suit:$7.50Shirt:$3.50Blouse:$4.00Shorts:$3.00Scarf:$2.50Vest$2.50 Silk Pajamas:$4.50

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices

Please note: We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

• 3 weeks later...

My boss and his wife were on the cruise with you and unfortunately after St. Kitt they both ended up sick. However they always enjoy the RCCL and accepted a discounted cruise in May aboard the same ship. My husband and I are taking the same trip next March and can't wait.

• 6 months later...

Thanks guys! Nice to know we will all be there together! Can you please share with me what shore excursion you are booking?? I can't decide what to do in Curacao, St. Marteen, Antigua or Aruba...can anyone help me with some great ideas?? Unfortunately, we do not scuba dive...but wish we did!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I was reading and saw that one of you had cabin 9684, do you have pictures posted? I'm assuming that not having a sitting area made the cabin smaller and balcony larger, am I correct?

How was the motion and vibration being so high and at the aft?

Thanks for all your help

Donna

• 4 months later...

GREAT REVIEW. Although I'm still not sure how the Beaver came into the mix. Can you explain? (Maybe I'm a little slow...I don't know. I was thinking Wisconsin Badgers...but....alas, he's a Beaver! Or is it a SHE? How can one tell?)

You're too funny DENB.

Archived