Equinox review from 4/1/11.....Questions anyone?

kgrassel

Thanks for the link, a good idea. It drives me crazy when people write long (or even short) reviews and post them on this forum as a single separate thread -- rather than posting them in the Reviews section. Their good info eventually fades off into the sunset, so to speak, because it's not with other reviews for people to actually find when they are looking! I think a lot of new people don't realize there is actually a HUGE specific Member Reviews section.

Sounds like you had a great time, and hopefully Celebrity will see you again???

Here's the link to my review of the April 1, 2011 sailing of the Equinox:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=81480.

I'm happy to answer any questions....

Thanks for the review. I am always very grateful to CC members who take the time to write down their thoughts about their cruise. We are onbaord the Equinox this summer on the Rome Greek Islands Tour. We have cruised Disney, Princess, RCCL x2 this most recently. I found that the food on our last Med Rccl BOS cruise was totally disappointing. I vowed that we would give Celebrity at try on our next cruise. (Having said that, we have now booked the Oasis of the Seas next New Years for an extended family vacation. I will keep everyone posted on my thoughts. :)

Sounds like you had a great time, and hopefully Celebrity will see you again???

Celebrity will ABSOLUTELY see us again! They were everything RCCL has that we like, and more. We don't do rock walls or ice skate, and we've seen the ice shows, so.....

I'm sure we'll try out Oasis/Allure, but the positives of Celebrity, especially the smoking policy and the Elite perks, will bring us back!

How many and when were the formal nights? Thanks.

The first one was Saturday, the first sea day (second night out), and the second one was Friday, the last port day.

And FYI, people were dressed nicely, but I didn't find it any more "formal" than Royal Caribbean. I was a little intimidated by what I had read on here about Celebrity passengers dressing up more, but I found it to be about the same. And lots of people changed after dinner....not to sloppy clothes, but back to smart casual.

We were very pleased to read your review. We just returned from a 14 night southern caribbean cruise on the Constellation. As you mentioned, we may have been with "older folks", but where we were in bed by 10:30 p.m., they were all living it up till 1:00 a.m. Our table mates were fabulous. Anyway, we enjoyed it so much, before our last sea day we booked on the Equinox for the 11 night cruise next year, same time - March 26, 2012 - April 6, 2012! I have to tell you that I am already counting down the days! I am tickled to hear there is a Bistro on Five. We ate lunch there after we boarded in Ft. Lauderdale. What a fantastic way to start the cruise!

Is there anything you would like to tell us about the ports you were in? Columbia particularly, and of course Panama.

Is there anything you would like to tell us about the ports you were in? Columbia particularly, and of course Panama.

Different itinerary, 4/1 sailing was to St Thomas, St Kitts, Barbados, Dominica and St Martin

We were very pleased to read your review. We just returned from a 14 night southern caribbean cruise on the Constellation. As you mentioned, we may have been with "older folks", but where we were in bed by 10:30 p.m., they were all living it up till 1:00 a.m. Our table mates were fabulous. Anyway, we enjoyed it so much, before our last sea day we booked on the Equinox for the 11 night cruise next year, same time - March 26, 2012 - April 6, 2012! I have to tell you that I am already counting down the days! I am tickled to hear there is a Bistro on Five. We ate lunch there after we boarded in Ft. Lauderdale. What a fantastic way to start the cruise!

Sorry, we did the 10 day, and didn't visit Columbia or Panama. LOVED Bistro on 5....wish we'd tried it earlier in our cruise! And you're right about bedtime! I needed an afternoon nap and still I was in bed before midnight, leaving lots of the "elders" up and partying! Our tablemates were wonderful, too, and I was surprised to find out that the gentleman was almost 80. I had him figured for 10 years younger than that, at least! Age is just a number!

The first one was Saturday, the first sea day (second night out), and the second one was Friday, the last port day.

And FYI, people were dressed nicely, but I didn't find it any more "formal" than Royal Caribbean. I was a little intimidated by what I had read on here about Celebrity passengers dressing up more, but I found it to be about the same. And lots of people changed after dinner....not to sloppy clothes, but back to smart casual.

Thank you.

Wasn't both formal nights on the 2 saturdays? We were on that cruise, but didn't do formal so could surely be wrong:eek:, but thought we ordered lobster for our balcony on the second saturday.

Yes, you did get lobster on Saturday, but the formal night was Friday. I thought that was kind of strange.....

Urrggg....... :D FrankLasVegas just told me on another thread that he was on 4/1 Equinox and his second formal night was Saturday the next to last sea day.:confused::confused: Did you 2 have separate formals?

The Celebrity Today I'm looking at say:

At Sea

Saturday, April 9 2011

Sunrise: 6:14am Sunset: 6:57pm

Evening Attire: Formal

Celebrity Equinox

Since I don't drink I was completely sober, but we must have been on different ships, or I'm losing it.....which is a possibility:D

The Celebrity Today I'm looking at say:

At Sea

Saturday, April 9 2011

Sunrise: 6:14am Sunset: 6:57pm

Evening Attire: Formal

Celebrity Equinox

Since I don't drink I was completely sober, but we must have been on different ships, or I'm losing it.....which is a possibility:D

So you and FrankLasVegas were on the same ship anyway...... ;):D Thank you.

Thanks for your concise review. We were onboard Eclipse in February and loved it so much we've booked Equinox TA Nov. 2012.

My only concern is that you mentioned the food was no better on Equinox than RCI. That's disappointing. We were onboard Enchantment of the Seas last week and our experience comparing RCI to Celebrity (and we've been on several different ships on both RCI and Celebrity) is that the food is significantly better on Celebrity. Better presentation, more variety, better quality, breads and desserts much better. Since there was only about 6 weeks between our Eclipse cruise and our Enchantment cruise, everything was fresh in our minds to make a comparison. I'm sorry to hear the food on Equinox is only "as good" as RCI.

Jo-Ann

On the same cruise and formal night were on both Sat nights

Tina and Mike

Yep....checked with my husband...you're right. I must've had one too many cosmos at happy hour every night. Totally lost track of what day it was!

As for the food.....that is just my opinion, of course. The presentation was beautiful, but I just wasn't overly impressed with the offerings and the temperature of the food. I'm not a "foodie", so maybe that's part of it. I didn't think it was bad, just not any better than RCCL. I LIKE RCCL's food though, so that was NOT intended as a slam to X!

Archived