Airfare

sped01

I am looking to book a Transatlantic cruise for next may. What can I expect to pay for airfare from rome to detroit? How have you liked a Transatlantic voyage? Are the seas rough? Thank you

Definitely see what RCCL is offering as you will be higher since it will be an open jaw flight meaning leaving and returning from different cities. You don't say where the cruise is starting, but assuming Florida you itinerary will be detroit/florida/Rome Detroit. Try pricing that round trip and also do it as one ways to see which will work out more beneficial .

We are going on our second TA on the 6th of May on the Jewel. We checked all the websites for a one way airfare but went with RCIs Choice Air. We got a one way on BA from London to Tampa for $650, the same route on any of the travel on-line websites was $1200. So I think Choice Air may be the best bet for a one way fare.

The weather on our first TA was great with calm seas the whole way.

We have done several TA's and I love them. DH thinks all the sea time is too much.....seas can get rough off the coast of Africa/ in the Med, depending on the route the ship is taking - we were headed to Miami out of Barcelona on 2 of our TA's and hit 2 days of rough seas on both crossings. I thought it was fun watching the waves.

Marion

I am looking to book a Transatlantic cruise for next may. What can I expect to pay for airfare from rome to detroit? How have you liked a Transatlantic voyage? Are the seas rough? Thank you

Please do a search in this forum to find all the ways to get one way air from Europe to the USA.

Your "normal" USA airlines charge astronomical prices for a one way Europe to USA ticket. BUT there are foreign airlines that have decent prices AND generally have better in air service and customer service than the USA airlines (sad to say).

AerLingus flies Rome through Dublin to Chicago on a regular basis. They also fly into JFK and BOS. Getting a cheapie ticket home to Detroit is easy. Driving a one way rental from Chicago to Detroit may be another option. Prices to Chicago generally run about $550-650 up to $800-850 for peak summer (for this year-2011).

The real beauty of flying AerLingus-you clear immigration in Ireland (small, easy to navigate airport). So when you arrive USA, no long lines to stand in. Grab your luggage, walk it through customs with the PROPERLY filled out form, and be on your way to your next flight, rental car or home. VERY, VERY easy.

Do a little research in this forum. There are many, many ways to get a decently priced one way ticket to/from Europe WITHOUT using Choice Air/Princess EZ Air which leaves you behind the 8 ball if there are ANY glitches on your flight. Read the sticky at the top of this forum.

Archived