Veranda or Penthouse Suite on Odyssey/Quest?

lstewart123

The layout of the suites on the Quest appears to be the same as on the Odyssey. I love the idea of more space, but it looks like the PH suites are not as much in the middle of the ship, plus they are on higher decks. Does that mean that by upgrading square footage, you are sacrificing in the stability/motion department? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I've never cruised before so I don't know.

We stayed in a penthouse suite last Oct (Istanbul to Venice) on deck 10. Never had any problems with motion except for the day that we were hightailing it from Santorini to Crete in storm and going 17-18 knots. But, then you felt that everywhere on the ship. The PH Suite was lovely and in a great spot. We were right down from the Observation lounge, so you could sneak out in the morning for a cup of coffee and just up a deck from the Skybar, our favorite spot for cocktails. Just do it, you will love it.

Archived