A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

marketplace.jpg

freekittens.jpg

We had a lot of fun and continued on our way to Adventureland.

Claire wanted to go on Pirates again!

I think this lantern is from somewhere in the Pirates cue…..or outside the building.

pirateslantern.jpg

The posted wait was 5 minutes, but we soon came to a stop and noticed the boats were going through empty. A CM made an announcement that the ride was down temporarily. I asked him if he had a guestimate time and he wasn’t sure. It could be 5 minutes or 10 or more. He wasn’t sure what was wrong, but mentioned the mist could possibly not be working, or one of the animatronics’ malfunctioning.

Claire and I decide to jump out of line and go to BTMR and then come back to Pirates.

We came out of Pirates to see that Wishes had started. This is when I realized that I had wanted to see the Castle show prior to Wishes and totally forgot about it. I took a couple quick, on the move, shots as we walked towards BMTR to use our FP’s.

wishes1.jpg

wishes2.jpg

We headed over to BMTR and the FP line had basically NO wait. The regular line was almost just as fast. I did not take a single picture here…..sorry.

Claire and I got the 1st row again. It was fun and fast, but I could tell it might’ve been too much for Claire. I asked her when we were done if she liked it and she said not really, it was too fast. 2 guys behind us started laughing. I then asked, so you still want to try Space Mountain? And she quickly said yes….And the guys behind us really cracked up then.

We decided to check if pirates was running again and then make our way towards Space Mountain.

It was!

piratesoftheacaribbean.jpg

pirateskeletons.jpg

We found that they must not have fixed the problems that had shut it down earlier. The mist was NOT there. Claire noticed that right away. And the part where you have pirates chasing around in circles…those we not moving at all. And the last scene with Captain Jack was completely lit up. I should’ve taken a picture then, as that would’ve been a perfect opportunity to get a better shot with more light.

It was still fun and unless you really know the ride you probably wouldn’t have noticed the differences.

piratesail.jpg

We decided to walk over towards Space Mountain and let Claire look at it.

We got to the hub and Claire put the breaks on. She did NOT want to try Space Mtn. I tried a bit to convince her to try, but at that time it was a big no. I noticed they were putting up the ropes for the next parade, so I told Claire we would watch that instead. Again, she said no, she had already watched it earlier. I told her she only got to see part of it and it was from far away, behind people. This time we would have a front row seat…and besides I didn’t see it and that is what we were going to do!

She grumbled a bit, but sat down and then was thankful for the rest time.

clocktower.jpg

lightedcastle8.jpg

lightedcastle9.jpg

I really debated actually seeing this parade before coming down. I LOVE Spectro Magic. It’s my all time favorite parade. I LOVE the music…and just everything about it. I looked at videos of MSEP on You Tube and thought YUCK! The music was horrid. Once the hours were extended for MK that night, and extra parade was added, and I figured I would play it by ear, but would most likely give it a try.

I’m glad I did. I actually kind of liked it. Don’t get me wrong, I still don’t care for the music, but it was better than I thought it would be and the floats themselves were great. Spetro will still be number 1 in my eyes though.

msep1.jpg

msep2.jpg

msep3.jpg

new to this, but LOVED your TR!! I have been mesmerized by it, reading for the past 2 days. Question...where did you get the fonts and paper to make the notes to your family before and on the ship? Sailing soon.

new to this, but LOVED your TR!! I have been mesmerized by it, reading for the past 2 days. Question...where did you get the fonts and paper to make the notes to your family before and on the ship? Sailing soon.

Thanks so much for reading.

I got the designs off the Dis boards. They have a ton of stuff....but this site here has some of the uploaded images people have made.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/19077581/4fa6c900/sharing.html

The micky font I got a few years ago. I don't remember where or how. I know someone had to talk me through the whole thing to download it.

I still have to finish this MK day and I have two more park days, but I just haven't had the time to edit the pictures this week at all. So it's going slowly now.

I hope to get the MK day done before I head back down to Disney in 3 weeks.

This is fun. I'm sitting in my room at Saratoga Springs Resort reading about a parade that I saw less than an hour ago. I love the Main St Electrical Parade*. I grew up with it and the funky Moog syntheizer music. I have a souvenier bulb from when they shut it down at Disneyland for Light Magic.

*It will always be the Main Street Electrical Parade in my head.

This is fun. I'm sitting in my room at Saratoga Springs Resort reading about a parade that I saw less than an hour ago. I love the Main St Electrical Parade*. I grew up with it and the funky Moog syntheizer music. I have a souvenier bulb from when they shut it down at Disneyland for Light Magic.

*It will always be the Main Street Electrical Parade in my head.

I'm so jealopus of you. But I will be there in 3 weeks! Actually 3 weeks from this very moment I'll be sitting at the airport! :D

How's the heat right now. Thats my biggest worry. It's been so hot here at home (90's every day) and I am hoping it cools down soon!

Archived