A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

msep58.jpg

msep59.jpg

The parade ended. We were happy we stopped and Claire was even happy with my decision. It did seem like this parade is shorter than Spectro though.

I asked Claire if she wanted me to take her back to the room and she said no way, She still had many rides to ride.

We started in the direction of Tomorrowland.

magentacastle.jpg

castleclock.jpg

I missed posting these, but I believe these photopass were taken after our dinner and on our way to buy a sweatshirt. They are pretty crappy, but here you go. That’s the tank I bought on castaway cay.

Photo2401FourBySix.jpg

I walked her by Space Mountain and asked if she wanted to ride, and she said “NO WAY”. Darn it. I still held out hope, but it never did happen.

That crazy girl talked me into the tea cups. I don’t like this ride at all. I can’t spin…or if I do, I feel very sick. So the deal was I would ride, but we would do everything in our power to NOT spin…and she agreed and followed through, which I was happy about.

madteaparty.jpg

teapotparty.jpg

tiredteacuprider.jpg

lightsonteaparty.jpg

We headed over to the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and it had just closed at midnight, so we missed it by minutes.

transit.jpg

We decided to take a spin on Buzz, which was walk on.

Neither of us did well, but I did much better than Claire.

I don’t remember who’s score this belonged to…hopefully it was Claire’s. LOL!

buzzscore.jpg

And our redneck shot. We look very determined! Actually I look down right scary. Must be the lack of sleep catching up to me.

buzzredneckphoto.jpg

stitchesgreatescape.jpg

spacemountain.jpg

birdvase.jpg

shiphallway.jpg

shutterkiosk.jpg

hallwaytoanimators.jpg

A peek through a window into Royal Palace.

peekinsideRP.jpg

Ok, so not to be creepy...but what's with the first picture here of the green vase? If you look close enough, you see the word "help" spelled out on the glass...kinda scary!

Ok, so not to be creepy...but what's with the first picture here of the green vase? If you look close enough, you see the word "help" spelled out on the glass...kinda scary!

I know it's not glass there, so it must be on the wall insdie? Have no clue whats up wit hthat though. LOL! It is a little creepy. Probably some kid/teen being silly

Note how they put the clock tower between Cinderella and Peter Pan. It makes a great transition.

That is cool. I hadn't realized that.

We headed off towards Tomorrowland Speedway next.

sdpeedway.jpg

Claire was tall enough to drive and she was so excited. Let’s just say, I’m glad she has 10 more years till she gets her drivers license!!!!

Next we headed off to Pooh!

pooh1.jpg

I think we just kind of walked through the interactive cue, maybe touching a few things here and there. But there wasn’t much of a line, so we hurried through.

pooh2.jpg

pooh3.jpg

pooh4.jpg

pooh5.jpg

pooh6.jpg

pooh7.jpg

pooh8.jpg

I was surprised that Claire remembered our ride from 2 years ago. The ride had stopped a couple of times and the lights came on…Claire remembered that and mentioned it a couple of times through out the ride.

We decided to take a walk around the dump shop. I debated on buying several different things, but in the end, we walked out empty handed.

stuffedpooh.jpg

snowwhite6.jpg

snowwhite7.jpg

BYE!! Not sure if we’ll ever see you again!

snwowwhite8.jpg

Claire wasn’t impressed with the ride, and I think she really won’t care that it’s leaving.

We came out and headed over towards the castle.

backofcastlelitup.jpg

We saw that Chip and Dale were out and Claire wanted to stop. I believe they were going in for a break, but would be right back out and we waited. I am so glad we did. This was the best character meet we EVER had!

THEY LOVED Claire. They took her and danced with her and played with her. They acted like she was the only person there. They did some funky rock moves, did the chicken dance. Chip decided he was leaving and grabbed Claire to walk away with him. The CM had to scold him, all the while Dale tried stealing away with Claire. They were fighting over her. Claire was LOVING every moment of it and laughing so hard.

The photopass photographer was wonderful and snapped away as well.

Warning LOTS of Chip and Dale pictures!

chipandale1.jpg

I've really enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for keeping with it. I would be so sad to see it end. Your daughter is adorable. My family has our first trip planned to Disney at the end of the month. My daughter is only 2, but I am thrilled. I can't wait to show her and I want to get her princess dresses. I worked at WDW for many years as a teenager. I never expected that it would turn me into a Disney geek who wants to dress her daughter up like a fairytale princess. But now I can't resist. I cannot wait until she is old enough for the BBB.

These were lighted up weeds basically (outside of Pooh), but I thought they looked so cool.

A quick shot of the carrousel.

carrosel.jpg

I just read a piece on this caroussel. It's got an incredible history. It was built in 1917 and is the only one of it's kind left. The turntable is 60 feet in diameter. Is was originally named "Liberty" and slated for demolition in 1968 when Disney bought it and began restoration. The 80 horses are solid carved maple and the carvings are carefully painted and inlaid with 23K gold leaf. The most intricate detailed horses are on the outer "A" or romance ring. Because of their rarity and history, they might bring $100,000 if sold. The inner rings have less intricate carvings and detail with the "E" ring on the inside being the least fancy.

Note that all of the horses are jumpers and that they are all painted white. Imagineer John Hensch noticed that the riders usually preferred white "hero horses" and everybody wants to ride on the jumpers so he required that all of the horses be painted white. Note that there are no two horses with the same paint scheme. There is a Julie Andrews horse called Jingles. It has an elaborate pattern featuring a silhouette of Mary Poppins and the initials JA. It's on the "A" ring of course.

Walt Disney World has a set of five fiberglass horses, made from molds of some caroussel horses that thay swap with horses that need restoration. You probably can't tell the difference.

Thousands of guests every day enjoy a spin on the caroussel probably unaware of the history under them.

(The Vault of Walt - Jim Korkis)

Now back to cruising stuff.

I just read a piece on this caroussel. It's got an incredible history. It was built in 1917 and is the only one of it's kind left. The turntable is 60 feet in diameter. Is was originally named "Liberty" and slated for demolition in 1968 when Disney bought it and began restoration. The 80 horses are solid carved maple and the carvings are carefully painted and inlaid with 23K gold leaf. The most intricate detailed horses are on the outer "A" or romance ring. Because of their rarity and history, they might bring $100,000 if sold. The inner rings have less intricate carvings and detail with the "E" ring on the inside being the least fancy.

Note that all of the horses are jumpers and that they are all painted white. Imagineer John Hensch noticed that the riders usually preferred white "hero horses" and everybody wants to ride on the jumpers so he required that all of the horses be painted white. Note that there are no two horses with the same paint scheme. There is a Julie Andrews horse called Jingles. It has an elaborate pattern featuring a silhouette of Mary Poppins and the initials JA. It's on the "A" ring of course.

Walt Disney World has a set of five fiberglass horses, made from molds of some caroussel horses that thay swap with horses that need restoration. You probably can't tell the difference.

Thousands of guests every day enjoy a spin on the caroussel probably unaware of the history under them.

Thanks Mack - this was very interesting.. I didn't know this..

I've really enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for keeping with it. I would be so sad to see it end. Your daughter is adorable. My family has our first trip planned to Disney at the end of the month. My daughter is only 2, but I am thrilled. I can't wait to show her and I want to get her princess dresses. I worked at WDW for many years as a teenager. I never expected that it would turn me into a Disney geek who wants to dress her daughter up like a fairytale princess. But now I can't resist. I cannot wait until she is old enough for the BBB.

Thanks so much! You are going to have so much fun. Claire's 1st trip was at the age of 2 as well. And she had a ball. Just remember to take it easy and slow down for her. Our first trip with her was great, but I tried to do too many things and on the last day, on the way to the airport she threw up. I think it was basically from over stimulation and not enough sleep. We still had a great time, but I knew in the future that we had to slow it down a bit.

I'm so excited to learn about the photopass from reading your review. Great info. did you have any issues with it? Thank you for such great information

I Like photopass. I get to be in some pictures then. I did a share (I led it) and it worked out great for us.

That is so interesting. Is the A ring the outside ring? I didn't know about the Mary Poppins horse, but I will now be on a mission to find it. They told us that the Cinderella horse has been taken off now.

A few more Chip and Dale pictures.

chipanddale10.jpg

chipanddale11.jpg

Photo2446FourBySix.jpg

Photo2451FourBySix.jpg

chipanddale12.jpg

It was so much fun. I am so sad that the characters will no longer be out during EMH. I always get the best interaction then, though I have to say in 2009 we had pretty good interaction with Chip and Dale as well during the day.

I tried to take some artsy photos after out meet.

artsycastle.jpg

artsycastle1.jpg

A lady saw me shoot this one and thought it was so neat that I was taking pictures like that. I assured her that they wouldn’t be nearly as neat once I looked at them at home. LOL!

artsywindow.jpg

artsycastlewalkway.jpg

ragstorichesfountain.jpg

Archived