Golf in Freeport ???

aubesmom

I know there is a Robert Trent Jones golf course in Freeport. The cruise line does not do excursions, but the lady at the course said dh could take a taxi from the port to and from the course. Anyone done this? We will be in Freeport from 8-5 and she said that would be plenty of time. Any tips or advice? Do you think this could be done?

Thanks!

I know there is a Robert Trent Jones golf course in Freeport. The cruise line does not do excursions, but the lady at the course said dh could take a taxi from the port to and from the course. Anyone done this? We will be in Freeport from 8-5 and she said that would be plenty of time. Any tips or advice? Do you think this could be done?

Thanks!

That would be the Reef Course, just down the street from Port Lucaya. Very short taxi ride - like 1 minute. It could definitely be done in that time frame.

A better value is the Ruby course downtown near the International Bazaar, only about $60 for a round instead of three times that or so.

Thanks I will check into that course. Dh has played almost all of the Robert Trent Jones courses here so that is why I picked the Reef. Is the Ruby course a nice course? He is a very avid golfer and likes a longer course over short ones. Thanks again!

Thanks I will check into that course. Dh has played almost all of the Robert Trent Jones courses here so that is why I picked the Reef. Is the Ruby course a nice course? He is a very avid golfer and likes a longer course over short ones. Thanks again!

Sounds like the Reef better fits his interests.

• 3 weeks later...
let me know how it goes. I would like to play golf possibly when I am there in June.

We aren't cruising until next year so I won't be able to tell you before you go. But please post back if you do try it in June! Thanks!

Archived