What's up with Paradise Beach?

ohio

I posted a comment on this in another thread, but in case noone sees it there.......I decided to go to Paradise beach this cruise, instead of Mr. Sanchos (wanted to try something new and I heard such great things about it) I found Mr. Sanchos beach much better. Paradise was really rocky and the water was real cloudy. It was difficult to get in the water to swim because of all the rocks. The water wasn't rough and there was no rain. It was a little cloudy. So, I'm not sure if it was the weather or not. When we were at Mr. Sanchos last cruise, the water was clear as you could imagine and the beach was real soft even in the water. I was just wondering if Paradise Beach is always like this or did I just go on the wrong day?

Thanks

that's the beach we were at. They had the stone dolphins there, the water trampoline, the iceburg, kayaks and snorkeling equipment. Maybe the weather was just bad the night before. That stinks! The water looked nothing like that! Oh well, guess I'll just have to try it out again.

Hi Brenda and GC! I loved Paradise Beach, but the section of beach I was on was very rocky in the water. You had to kind of pick your way through the rocks to get out a ways out where it wasn't so bad. Tripped a couple times and stubbed my toe a couple more....... Water was very clear though! As you come nto the beach, I was to the left, towards the pier. Maybe the other end didn't have any rocks?

Was at PB in June, if you enter the water in front of the main bar everything is fine, if you enter farther down the beach toward the lockers it is very rocky, just depends where you get in

I agree.... It does get somewhat rocky farther down ( left ) from the bar.

If you enter the water from in front of the bar till right past the restroom's there are no rocks whatsoever.....

Can't compare it to Mr. Sancho's..... We love Paradise Beach so much, and have such a great time there that we have never tried any other beach....... No reason ( for us ) too.......

We were there last May and I dont remember it being rocky, however the water was very cloudy, however we were told it was due to a storm moving in. It was still a beautiful beach and the staff was great! :)

I've been to Passion Island, Playa del Sol. ( now Playa Mia ) and Paradise Beach. Passion Island is beautiful but inconvenient to get to & Paradise Beach has always been pretty, with clean restrooms, good drinks, great food, & excellent service. Still my favorite by a long shot.

Definitely try it again if next time you're there. I've been all over the Caribbean and find it to be my favorite beach...silky sand, no rocks (again, in front of the main bar), great food, great staff, crystal clear water. Sorry you didn't have a good experience!

WE love Paradise beach!Very pretty and staff is great- never have encountered any rocks but went in pretty much right in front of the bar-

I agree with Brenda- Pasion Is is gorgeous, but it costs an arm and leg to get there and it takes a while!

So Paradise Beach is perfect for us!

Archived