Ft. Lauderdale - great restaurant!

law2grace

We flew to Ft. Lauderdale the night before our cruise last week. We ate dinner at Las Olas Café on Las Olas Boulevard and had a wonderful experience. The Boulevard itself is very festive with lots of restaurants, shops, lighted palm trees and a free trolley. The Las Olas Café is down a little passageway off the Boulevard and has lovely courtyard dining in addition to inside seating. The waiter (Bruce) was excellent - always there when we wanted him, but not hovering. My husband had the bruschetta appetizer, which was scrumptious, and he said that the grilled pork chop was the best he's ever eaten (and he's had plenty :) ). I had the fried green tomatoes (with lump crab meat) for my appetizer - also delicious and an interesting combination. I had their signature walnut-crusted mahi-mahi, which was cooked to perfection. My husband had apple pie for dessert. I had the chocolate bombe (a flourless chocolate cake) and all I can say is - do you remember the infamous deli scene in "When Harry Met Sally"? :o As Rachel Ray would say, it's so good, you almost can't eat it in public! All of the staff were very pleasant and enthusiastic about "their" restaurant. We will definitely eat there again if we're in Ft. Lauderdale. Their website is: www.lasolascafe.com.

Thanks so much for the recommendation! We're looking for a good pre-cruise restaurant (not a chain) and this looks great. Again, thanks - this time for taking the time to post!!

Alice

Archived