Final Payment Due

deb4kids

We booked with Carnival and switched to a TA (for the little OBC, never do that again). My TA gave me us final pay due date 10 days prior to Carnival's due date. If we are late paying the TA, will they cancel our cruise?

The extra 10 days is so the agent has enough time to make sure your check clears, or your credit card clear, before the due date with Carnival, which is when they have to pay them. If someone writes a check to the TA on Carnival's due date, the TA has to turn around and pay Carnival. If the check bounces, they're screwed.

The extra 10 days is so the agent has enough time to make sure your check clears, or your credit card clear, before the due date with Carnival, which is when they have to pay them. If someone writes a check to the TA on Carnival's due date, the TA has to turn around and pay Carnival. If the check bounces, they're screwed.

Our TA doesn't accept checks, money orders, etc so there's no threat in giving up the last ten days...

:)

Our final payment date with our TA is 7 days prior to Carnival's. She flat out told me she does this to make sure no one is late because many people wait until the very last minute to send in payment and she has to scramble to get the payment to Carnival. She told me I really have the extra 7 days but I just made sure to send in the week early anyway.

Not sure if this is the case with all TA's. Just my experience. However, like I said it's probably best to send in final payment when TA says.

Archived