*corey *birdman* schmidt*

Cruise Mermaid

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone has any information (besides the older few years ago info) on Corey Schmidt ... former (or at least I think he's still 'former') cruise director with Carnival ?! Would love to get his email or his facebook contact information. I was sad to read the older posts about a couple of his birds passing away ... so sad - and he was always the greatest guy - just loved him ... hope someone can help! THANKS ! :)

I got a few emails last fall from a guy who admired my work when I was in a job 5 yrs ago that came with a lot of publicity and public contact. It was sorta creepy, scary and odd. I would not email anyone out of the blue unless you are a past friend. You could facebook without that creep factor probally. These folks in the Cruise Director positions are paid to be out going and friendly. These are public relations-theater jobs and they are paid to act friendly to you, but they are not your friends.

I did on a search on John Heald's Blog and found this from last fall.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2010/10/07/high-heel-bollocks/#more-15929

"Let’s take a break shall we? Having just spoken about one of our former Cruise Directors Greg Kneale I thought I would show you what another all time favourite Corey Schmidt is doing. You may remember that he visited me on the Carnival Splendor a few weeks ago and that he is now involved in the movie business as a location manager and is currently working on a new Adam Sandler movie. He sent me a report that I thought I would share with you.

corey.jpg

Hello John

Behind the scenes movie magic. Today we are shooting our first location which is a restaurant that was taken care of 3 weeks ago with tech scouts, permits the works. Adam wanted more of a chain style restaurant i.e. Chile’s, TGIF or Applebee’s which goes with the scene better. I wrangled a closed Applebee’s in my home town and took care of all of the logistics i.e. crew parking for 300, base camp, spot for catering, VIP trailers and everything that goes into a location. In the eleventh hour it was decided that since Adam Sandler is playing the role of Jill which takes 2 1/2 hours and since the closed Applebee’s is 2 hours from the studios we got the news at noon on Monday we needed to get a new restaurant location by Sony Studios and the hunt was on. In 1 1/2 days we secured “everything” needed to film at a local chain restaurant that I can’t say as we are there now and we paid to close the entire restaurant last night while our rigging team prepared everything with a crew call at 7 am. Our first shot went off flawlessly at 10:52am. That’s just some of the life of working in locations.

I forgot to mention that all of this was done during LA’s first big rain storm of the season which still has the skies opening up while I type this in a dry trailer on set. Please say hello to all the people who still have happy memories of me as their Cruise Director and I will send you another update very soon.

Ber Wee!

Corey

Thanks mate and I won’t bother explaining the “Ber Wee” ending but I will hope that you can send us another update from the set soon."

Googled "Corey Schmidt" and found him on Twitter and Facebook:

http://twitter.com/#!/birdact

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/birdact?sk=info

Thank for the quick responses! I've sent him a message on FB - we had emailed way back in 2001 several times and he's a wonderful cruise director (was) -- and I really hope he's having much success in California ! That's great !!! :) Thanks again for the help ! :)

Archived