Star info????

anything

My wife and i are looking at a repo next year on the star and any info like entertainment, rooms anything about the boat would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be better too lol. We want to either get a balcony or mini suite, is there much of a difference???? again anything would sure help thanks in advance

The following link has some wonderful star photos posted.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1375830&highlight=star+pictures

We stayed in a balcony on deck 10 and the picture on NCL's website is identical to our balcony except the curtains are a different colour. There is a tub and 80 sq ft more to a mini suite than a balcony.

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise on the Star at the end of February.

We loved the Star as well (Family trip to Alaska last May) We had several inside cabins, two balconies and one Mini suite. I thought all of them had excellent storage. The bathtub and extra square footage was of course a plus. We really enjoyed Versailles (one of the MDRs) Aqua I believe was the other one but I was not as impressed by that one. Overall the Star is a really fun ship and we had a blast... hope this helps :)

My wife and i are looking at a repo next year on the star and any info like entertainment, rooms anything about the boat would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be better too lol. We want to either get a balcony or mini suite, is there much of a difference???? again anything would sure help thanks in advance

We have a very active roll call for the Tampa to NY repo. If you are interested check it out.

We love the Star - it is our favorite of the 4 NCL ships we've been on.

We have been on her both before and after the renovations, so I can speak to the pros and cons of that. Many people were upset when the forward "observation" lounge was removed and made into suites. I completely agree with the disappointment, however we've been lucky to stay in those suites, so we still have the pleasure of those floor to ceiling windows. However, if we weren't in a suite, I would be disappointed in that change. There are plenty of other viewing areas, but that was the best one.

The Blue Lagoon was moved to a better location with more seating and the seating has great views. The Blue Lagoon is a 24 hour diner that has the same menu all day. Well, they have breakfast first, then it changes to the all day menu. We love the fish and chips, and they have burgers, chicken wings, salads, etc. Not a bad place to go for a late night snack....if you can pack anymore in! :eek:

The gift shops are in a better, well-traveled location rather than at the back of the ship where it probably didn't get as much traffic as a gift shop should have.

The Star has a beautiful, several stories high Grand Atrium with glass elevators going up several floors. I prefer the grand, elegant Grand Atriums to the newer versions, such as on the Pearl and the Jewel, which are only 2 stories high and not as "wow"-ing as the several stories high atriums. Just my preference.

The Star has 2 MDR's (main dining rooms) and they both have the same menu. The MDR at mid ship is called Aqua. The MDR at the back of the ship is called Versailles. Aqua is smaller and more modern or contemporary, as well as noisier it seems. We prefer Versailles and it's our favorite MDR on any ship we've been on. Very pretty and has the feel of a big, European, fancy hotel.

In addition to the suites we have stayed in a mini suite and an ocean view. The mini suites are nice - slightly larger than a balcony and the best part for me was a tub in addition to the shower. The couch, folded out into a bed was very comfy for the person sleeping there. Even when the couch was made out to a bed, there was enough room to walk by (sideways) to get out to the balcony.

We love the Star. Hope you will too!

Archived