Anyone try the SpecialK diet?

AngelaC

I bought a treadmill over a week ago, walk over a mile everyday and have lost nothing. I have to lose a dress size for my cruise in 2 weeks or my clothes won't fit. I started the SpecialK diet three days ago and have already lost 2 lbs. I really hope this works as I know I can continue on this diet for two more weeks.

Angela

Angela- I haven't done the Special K diet since the only way I like SK is with lots of honey. Somehow I think that would defeat the purpose. :rolleyes: However, I did want to say that you should keep up that treadmill too. We've been going through alot of stress lately because my grandma broke her hip and Christmas and has had several complications. I kept up my exercise routine as much as possible and made a conscious effort to get at least 10,000 steps in each day. I've only lost about 4 pounds in these 3 months BUT I've taken 6 inches off my hips and 4 off my waist.

Have a great cruise!

Tami

Tami,

I know what you mean about the honey. I usually only eat cereal if it's very sweet. The SpecialK kinda tastes like cardboard, but I'm a woman on a mission. Congrats on your inch loss. I really don't care if I lose any weight. Weight is just a number. It's the inches I'm concerned about.

Angela

Connie,

The SpecialK diet is really easy unlike Atkins or South Beach. Unfortunately, you aren't supposed to use sugar. I just eat it plain. It's really not that bad. I would think Splenda would be ok. I got this from SpecialK.com. The website says 6 lbs. in 2 weeks. It certainly can't hurt to try. Good luck.

Eat a serving of Kellogg’s Special K®, Special K® Red Berries, Special K® Vanilla Almond or Special K® cereal for a Low Carb Lifestyle with 2/3 cup skim milk and fruit for two meals a day.

Eat your third meal as you normally do.

For snacks, choose from fresh fruits and vegetables or a Special K® bar,

Consume beverages as you normally do.

Angela

Just shows you that there's no one right answer for everyone. I have no problem with Atkins or SB because I am not a big bread/cereal/potato fan. However, the thought of being stuck with a bowl of cereal and fruit for 2 meals a day makes me cranky just to think about it. :D Of course I have a very short digestive track (due to crohn's) and if I eat simple carbs like cereal I'm hungry again in an hour.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Tami

Archived