Question: Changing from late to main dining on Splendor of the Seas

dkoitz

We are sailing (3/26/05) and are booked for late dining. We are currently on a "wait" list. It's my husband, my 6 year old and myself (3 of us). We are told by the travel agent as soon as we are on board go to the Maitre'd and we are told by RCCL to go to the purser's desk and ask to be switched, but it's not guaranteed. We can't do late dining, my 6 yr old will be asleep by 8 pm or a holy terror and I get sick if I eat late. What are our chances of changing? Which person is better to ask? Can I email anyone from RCCL? If they can't change it then we would just eat in the Windjammer and there is no point in packing formal wear.

dkoitz, We are sailing on the same cruise! Here is the link to our chat group: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=88725&page=9&pp=25

Come join us!

Good luck with getting your dining changed. I understand about the little one. I have seen people at the dining room at the start of a cruise talking with personnel there. I think I'd start there and then if that doesn't work go to the purser's desk.

Michelle

See the matre'd !!! He is the one who can change your seating time and/or table. He will be somewhere, ask where at the purser' desk. Do this as soon as you get on board! He will have a 'map' of the dining room that shows where there are empty places at all the tables. If this doesn't work, you always have the buffet that you can go to at any time. Or, your son can be with the kids- they have babysitting, usually as a pajamais party. Then you can eat in the dining room and enjoy the shows, etc. There is ALWAYS food on board so no one ever gets hungry! Have a great time..............

Thank You both very much for your responses. At least I know to go to the Maitre'd directly. This is our first cruise and I am very excited! These forum's have so much info from all you wonderful people!:)

The Splendour has gone high tech...no need to wait until you get on board to request DR changes....

On recent (2/26) sailing, DR staff was right there in the pier terminal with their hand-dandy computer. Large sign for DR Changes and wine orders...

While your SeaPass would indicate the DR time and table, was able to find out the size, which deck & general location.....At the time we boarded, there were no lines....sure beats waiting in line after boarding....good luck......

Happy cruising....

• 3 weeks later...

I called RCI about 4 times with in a 2 week period before we left to ask some basic questions. I always mentioned about my 6 yr old and asked if we were still wait listed. Two days before we left, it was confirmed we were main dining seating.:) ! Boy was I thrilled to death. They also had the maitr'd in the port like you said.

Thank you all for your responses. We had an awesome cruise!

Archived