GREAT NEWS on FCC CERTIFICATES

Elaine515

Also tried repeatedly last night to use Firefox to submit certificate. No luck. Used IE this morning and it went through fine. Thanks again CruiseCritic for the help, not to mention saving me the $$ on certified mail! Hopefully, my credit will be posted by Carnival sometime next week without a hitch.

I booked a cruise on Monday and paid in full. Then I remembered my FCC. I called back and they noted the FCC on my account. Tuesday evening I submitted the FCC online. On Friday I got a email that my FCC was applied. It shows $100 overpayment and $100 OBC. Looks good to me. Much better than the old process!

Thanks for this web site. The compatible mode trick did the trick. I work in IS and Carnival needs some help.

We used two FCCs. My wifes is booked in one room and I in another. We did this because we are both platinum and our kid will get some of the same perks. So we used one for each. Once on board we will switch rooms. Hope everything works.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Never been on Carnival. What are FCC's and what is the benefit of buying them while onboard?

It's $100 down which is applied to your deposit on your next cruise. In return, you get OBC on that next cruise of up to $200 depending on the length of the cruise (a 7 day gets $100 OBC).

I didn't know either. Do I interperet this to mean You put money down on a future cruise even if you don't know what it is yet? Carnival can then know you are planning to cruise with them again, like you are guaranteeing it? And they give you OBC's for this promise you made?:confused:

I didn't know either. Do I interperet this to mean You put money down on a future cruise even if you don't know what it is yet? Carnival can then know you are planning to cruise with them again, like you are guaranteeing it? And they give you OBC's for this promise you made?:confused:

Yes, you purchase it onboard, if the ship sells them. You pay the $100 and Carnivql gives you the OBC. It lets Carnival know you are planning to sail with them in the future. There are expirations for when they need to be used. They are refundable. A good deal if you love to cruise. Go to the search and put in FCC's, I lost my saved info. But, there is lots of info to be found about them.

I submitted mine on 5/12/11 and it was posted to my account on 5/18/11. I have a Mac computer and never could get it to submit so I used another computer and used Internet Explorer and it worked.

I submitted mine on 5/12/11 and it was posted to my account on 5/18/11. I have a Mac computer and never could get it to submit so I used another computer and used Internet Explorer and it worked.

Thanks. IE keeps giving me an error message.:mad: Cannot get Mozilla to work either. It does not give an error, but does nothing at all when you click submit.

Did you get a confirmation e-mail prior to it posting to your account?

I got mine to work through IE after trying 3 computers and 4 browsers. Here is what happened --- I hit submit and then I just let it sit there. I was frustrated and thought it didn't work AGAIN and I was trying to figure out what to do next. WELL... After about 2 minutes, I got a message saying my form had been successfully submitted. I got an email a few days later saying it was applied.

**this was my experience... your mileage my vary.;) Good Luck!

Thanks. IE keeps giving me an error message.:mad: Cannot get Mozilla to work either. It does not give an error, but does nothing at all when you click submit.

Did you get a confirmation e-mail prior to it posting to your account?

I also tried 2 different computers then went back to the original and logged in to IE and it worked~I received a email confirmation from IMC promotions confirming that the FCC had been applied and then I received an email from my PVP with my updated booking info.

Ok.. I too was getting the "Error on Page" message trying to submit the form using Firefox. I then switched to IE (version 8) and got the same. Then based on what others have said I clicked on the "compatibility view" button (the ripped piece of paper icon in the address bar of IE 8 and it immediately came back with a "email submitted" message after I submitted it. So that does seem to do the trick. i can't find an equivalent mode for Firefox, but I have had to use IE 8 for some webpages before anyhow (come to think of it, mostly the Carnival site :p)

So now I am just waiting for my confirmation email.

Ok.. I too was getting the "Error on Page" message trying to submit the form using Firefox. I then switched to IE (version 8) and got the same. Then based on what others have said I clicked on the "compatibility view" button (the ripped piece of paper icon in the address bar of IE 8 and it immediately came back with a "email submitted" message after I submitted it. So that does seem to do the trick. i can't find an equivalent mode for Firefox, but I have had to use IE 8 for some webpages before anyhow (come to think of it, mostly the Carnival site :p)

So now I am just waiting for my confirmation email.

This tip above worked perfectly. Thanks.

Thanks for posting this information! I was just about to mail my FCC Cert in when I read this thread.

I completed all the information on the form (based on everyone's recommendations) and still got the dreaded 'page error'. I then hit the 'Compatibility View' under Tools and it sent perfectly. :)

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks for posting this information! I was just about to mail my FCC Cert in when I read this thread.

I completed all the information on the form (based on everyone's recommendations) and still got the dreaded 'page error'. I then hit the 'Compatibility View' under Tools and it sent perfectly. :)

Thanks again everyone!

It says an email has been sent. Thanks for the tip

!

FYI-I had to hit the compatibility viewer on my windows explorer to be able to submit my cert. I suspect this is the problem most are having when entering. Good luck!

THANK-YOU! Got mine to submit this morning and got an email confirmation back from Carnival. We'll see how long it takes for the credit to post. You guys are the best!

Archived