Anyone Coral Princess June 25,05

twokids2

i feel ur pain ;) going july 2nd......... we r also "almost " alone on the coral ! LOL ! have a great vaca and post if u can during ur trip......... i will be glued to these post anticipating ................

I was so excited to see that someone responded to the thread, as they call it, but can you imagine my disappointment when I found out it was from someone on a different cruise. Thanks for the response, and I will try to post from there to let you know all the wonderful things you will be seeing the next week. If there is anyone out there that is traveling 6/25/05 on the Coral you still have time to tell me.

Have you booked any excersions yet? I set up 4 so far and am very excited about them. I cant wait to go, considering the canal for over Christmas this year. Waiting to hear from u again. Thanks;)

Hi TwoKids2:

Sorry to get you excited then disappointed. It would be cool to get a preview the week before but we will already be in Alaska. We are doing a week on our own before hand, so we might see you on the docks. We have not booked anything through Princess yet--I think you have to be within 120 days of your departure date--please let me know if you have found different.

For the pre-cruise, I have booked:

1. our airline reservations using frequent flyer miles (but had to use double points on Delta:mad: );

2. our rental car through Alamo;

3. all our lodging;

4. admission to Denali Park and early morning shuttle bus reservations all the way to Wonderlake--we plan on all day in the Park with some hiking ;

5. most of our big pre-cruise activities:

I still have to book a horse back trek and our transfers from Anchorage to Whittier.

For the cruise ports, I have settled on and booked only some of our activities:

1. For Juneau, I have booked the Helicopter Glacier Trek with Northstar Trekking http://www.glaciertrekking.com/

2. For Ketchikan, once Princess opens their activity bookings, I will book the Mountain Point snorkel adventure with Snorkle Alaska http://www.snorkelalaska.com/pages/725130/index.htm I think we will do a Saxman Village Tour through Princess as well. Not sure if we can fit a half day kayak of Orca's Cove in too. Depends on snorkeling timing. Southeast Sea Kayaks offers some great looking trips.

3. For Skagway, I am thinking of the Glacier Point Wilderness Safari through Princess but it may be a let down after kayaking in Seward and overkill for the kids if we kayak in Ketchikan. It also may be the place for shopping which will please my daughter.

What have you booked and why?

As a first timer to Alaska I didnt know much and if I did I probably would have thrown in a land tour. I was trying to fit into a time frame of after school let out and before the 4th, which I did. I have booked through Princess online Juneau Mendenhall Glacier & Whale Quest, and roberts tram(that is all I could fit in), for Ketchikan Adventure Kart Expedition, and Skagway Glacier Point Wilderness Safari. All through Princess, hearing this Capt. Larry stuff makes me wonder. Only thing is if the expedition has a problem the ship waits if it is their excurition.Everything sounds so great, but not enough time to do it all.

Archived