where are my angry eyes??

hlb76

Well I'm so sad today...but have no one to blame but myself.

We are looking at booking a Oct. cruise had a few sailing picked out and noticed some great rates on a 5 day out of Tampa. go figure this was the one that I liked the best for price, ship and intin. then the price dropped. **WINNING***

Well not really since we did not book. We had friends show interest in joining us and they needed time to think. We waited too and well now the prices are back up. Plus coming up w/ the deposit was hard for us this month. Guess you snooze you loose.

Oct. is still a ways away so lets hope we can book soon (ES rate) and hope for rice drops.

We are looking at booking a Oct. cruise had a few sailing picked out and noticed some great rates on a 5 day out of Tampa. go figure this was the one that I liked the best for price, ship and intin. then the price dropped. **WINNING***

Well not really since we did not book. We had friends show interest in joining us and they needed time to think. We waited too and well now the prices are back up. Plus coming up w/ the deposit was hard for us this month. Guess you snooze you loose.

Oct. is still a ways away so lets hope we can book soon (ES rate) and hope for rice drops.

Tough lesson learned - I always book what I want, when I want, how I want and if someone indicates they would like to join us I give them the information and they can book themselves if they choose - then if THEY snooze THEY lose. As you can tell, I also learned the hard way. Waited on someone once to talk about and decide and same thing happened to us. They ended up changing their mind and cancelled anyway.

On the day I decided to just call the TA just to get a quote, find out stateroom locations, etc., I told her I would have to discuss w/DH and kids first. When I called back the very next day (less than 24 hours) telling the TA I'd like to go ahead and book, she said "fine, but the price went up since yesterday"...another $20 per person x family of four. I was so mad. Just my luck. She did say I would get $75 per cabin OBC, but I would have received that anyways. :(

I hate when that happens!! :mad: Hopefully the rate will go down again for you! ;)

I know how you feel as I just submitted a ES rate drop form and have my fingers crossed that it will go through hoping I caught it in time.

I am kicking myself for sure. But did also did not have our ducks in a row...... did not have the deposit $$$ nor the time of work figured out. And did not want to book then have to pay fees for canceling. When the time is right we will book. But I will always long for those prices I could of had!!!

It's a challenge when you're booking with friends. You see a good deal, they are not sure and bang, it's gone. That's why I like it when I plan a cruise solo. When I see something that looks good, I can just book it.

I looked at a Spring cruise a week ago, mentioned it to my friend, I waffled and it went up $20pp. I looked at again last night and it's back down. So, your cruise MIGHT come back down just decide if you want and keep watching. Better to get the friends to agree at a certain price and just book it.

I am kicking myself for sure. But did also did not have our ducks in a row...... did not have the deposit $$$ nor the time of work figured out. And did not want to book then have to pay fees for canceling. When the time is right we will book. But I will always long for those prices I could of had!!!

Better to have everything planned before you call the PCC. I pick the dates, look up the flights and consider hotel, before I book the cruise. Good luck.

Living your life with woulda, shoulda, coulda thoughts is counter productive, and it causes ulcers. The makers of Prevacid, Prilosec, Mylanta, Tums, and Rolaids don't mind your second guessing yourself, but your doctor doesn't like that.

Archived