Difference between two of the Grand Cayman Shore Excursions

BamaBelle

Carnival lists 'Grand Cayman Island Tour' and one called 'Grand Cayman Highlights Tour' and the given descriptions sound very much the same. Anyone been on both and know what the differences are? Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Both tours are 2 hours long -

HIGHLIGHT TOUR - Conch Shell house; governors residence; Old Cayman Homestead; turtle farm; Hell and Tortuga Rum factory. Not sure if this excursion is in an air-conditioned bus or not- my book does not say

ISLAND TOUR - Drive thru Georgetown; drive 7 mile beach; hear of the history and culture of island; towards West Bay and Turtle farm; Conch Shell house; governors residence; Hell and Tortuga Rum factory. Final stop is the Old Cayman Homestead where you can do some shopping.

Remember do not buy anything made from turtle shells etc as they are illegal to bring back into the USA and remember that GC is the most expensive of the ports to shop. Rum cakes are DELISH - brought home coconut; banana and a lime. so many flavors:p

The island is breathtaking and we thoroughly enjoyed a day on a catamaran with Capt. Bryans and then strolled thru the town ourselves and had lunch - Place called Paradise was excellent with scuba rental there also.

There is no difference between the two, other than the times they leave. We asked the same question at the time of booking and was told that they are identical.

Be prepared, to be on a crowded bus. I found going to the stingrays to be a blast, one of the highlights of the cruise, but this particular tour was not that great. Got a bit of a tour of GC, a short time at Turtle Farm and even less time at Hell (which is really not worth stopping at other than being able to say you've been to Hell). The tour guide we had on was lousy, I didn't even tip him -- the only person on the whole cruise that did not get a tip from me. Hopefully you're experience will be better than ours.

Archived