Price Drops

Wesley Cruise

We booked ES for Oct.01 if I go to the link and put our information in, I see a drop in the price, for our sail date room, ect. Does that mean that I may be able to get a credit? Talked to our TA, she says the price has gone up, which do you go by?:confused:

We booked ES for Oct.01 if I go to the link and put our information in, I see a drop in the price, for our sail date room, ect. Does that mean that I may be able to get a credit? Talked to our TA, she says the price has gone up, which do you go by?:confused:

The price on the fareviewer does not include the taxes/fees if I remember correctly so make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Bill

Well if you know your booking number you could just try submitting the form yourself .
Not if they had booked through a TA. Carnival will only accept the form from the TA.

Hopefully the TA is not one of those that charges $ to process price drops.

Thanks, for the update, I will take a closer look

I think its easier to just go to the website and do a mock booking for your trip then compare the total for the new booking (before taxes and fees) to what you paid. That will give you what it would cost to book it now.

It's easiest to go to fareviewer. You are comparing CRUISE RATE ONLY. Do NOT factor in gov't fees/taxes/gratuities. And please remember, this form is only good for folks booking Early Saver rate.

And always look at price total for all pax in cabin. If you have 3 or 4 peeps in cabin, don't look at individual prices per pax. Price drops are only good if the WHOLE price of cabin (all pax in cabin included ) goes down.

When I go to that website, how do I know what catogory I am? It shows different catogories such as 4G, 4F, 4C, 4B, 4A, and PT? I can't find on my booking info where it tells me which I am - we are inside on lido deck. Thanks

When I go to that website, how do I know what catogory I am? It shows different catogories such as 4G, 4F, 4C, 4B, 4A, and PT? I can't find on my booking info where it tells me which I am - we are inside on lido deck. Thanks

Go to Carnival's page and look at your ship's deck plan for lido. Find your room and match the color to the legend that will tell you your cat.

Did you book direct?

If so, your email confirmation from CabinConfirmations@carnival.com will show which cabin category you have.

price drop. ta out of office till sunday. office open tomorrow saturday. major travel agency. do you think they would be able to help me? sunday being easter i don't think anyone will be there. big drop 200 for 2 people thanks:cool:

bia

submit it yourself and it will get rejected b/c they will tell you to contact your TA. But this will give you a paper trail that you did make the request so you can follow up with your TA when they open. You can have your TA mention that you placed the request at such and such time and date. this will give you proof in case the price goes back up. Also get a detailed screen shot if possible b/c they can be a pain with these things. I have been denied b/c I have a screen shot from their website's "fareviewer" and the want the breakdown for the per person rate and it only give total cabin price. I am going to wirte Carnival as they won't talk to me b/c they say my TA has to submit. They keep telling her the same thing so who knows but I am a pretty loyal Carnival Cruiser so will see what happens.

Sorry to rant a little there.....but good luck on yours!

Gosh - now I'm a little worried; I booked online yesterday with carnival but did not recieve any e-mail. I do have a booking number and all my info comes up online under "manage your cruise" tho -

You most likely won't get an email. I've booked 3 cruises directly through Carnival and don't think I've EVER gotten emails from them, not even confirmation emails. Just monitor all your details on Carnival.com. Did you figure out your room cat? If you're having trouble, tell me what ship and cabin number and I'll let you now.:)

Thank you for offering to help! I tried going to deck plans but it still didnt' tell me - the room in yellow but no yellow in the catagory - I tried typing in room # but said there was no room that number on that ship?? It's Liberty and room # 9239. Also on Carnival website it says number of days till you cruise and that number in not correct either - not a big deal i suppose just odd. When I look at my cruise details the sail date is correct. Thanks

Thank you for offering to help! I tried going to deck plans but it still didnt' tell me - the room in yellow but no yellow in the catagory - I tried typing in room # but said there was no room that number on that ship?? It's Liberty and room # 9239. Also on Carnival website it says number of days till you cruise and that number in not correct either - not a big deal i suppose just odd. When I look at my cruise details the sail date is correct. Thanks

Caarnival's website has been very user UNfriendly lately. Went to some other sites and they all show that room as a 4G interior.

ps - Liberty was my first cruise. She is a BEAUTIFUL ship!!:)

Archived