~*Was it something I said?- Please help!*~

southern*belle

Here goes my thought:

Southern*Belle-it sounds to me like you're overly sensitive and dramatic. You don't make much sense in what actually is going on. Is this your wedding or vow renewal? Did you want your friends there or not? Isn't this cruise a long way off? Have you even talked with your friends, or did you only decide to talk to a bunch of strangers on the internet?

I'm a bit confused. It seems pretty difficult for us to give you advice when your posts don't make much sense. Good luck with your cruise and try to lighten up on your friends. I'd hate to think that a friend of mine would talk about me the way you talk about yours just because they haven't booked the cruise this far out. If you want your questions answered, maybe you should pick up the phone and call your friends.

southern belle,

No, I doubt it was anything you said. I know the feeling though, as we also tried to put together a group cruise with friends. When we first started asking, gathering info, and checking dates, we had at least 9 other couples said yes, and some others that were a maybe. Everyone seemed to be enthused and thought it was a great idea for a getaway and to be able to share the experience as a group. When we narrowed it down and got closer to committment time, seems like most ended up with various reasons. Looking back, only one other couple had been on a cruise before, so I think it may have been a little of the 'unknown' hit them. The couple that had cruised before was still going, but had to cancel for job reasons (or loss of job and income).

Don't feel bad, do what we did. We booked anyway, went on our own, and had a fantastic time. Cruising is just not for everybody. But for some of us.... go and have a great trip!

Well, today is Monday and I'm over it! For our wedding, it will just be us. Me and my hubby, no one else, especially friends. (actually a vow renewal) They wouldn't have been invited anyway-I want a private ceremony.

My problem was that I was so gun-ho for myself and looking forward to a cruise that I just thought everyone would be just as happy. I found this to be my character flaw. Everyone didn't see it the way I did. Sometimes, I wish everyone could feel as wonderful about cruising as I do.......:rolleyes:

I know you all love cruising just as much as I do and that's why I'm here! Whooo Hoooo!:D

Thanks everyone!!

Southern*Belle,

Just a thought...On my cruise on the QE2 many couples renewed their vows. The cruise line held the ceremony in one of the lounges. Since one of the couples were our table mates we got to attend. The cruise line provided a large cake for all the couples to share. The ship's photographer video taped the entire ceremony. The tape was available for sale. If you wanted, you could also purchase either a bouquet, a single flower or a boutiner(?). While some of the couples had no one in attendance, others had younger children. Some of the couples had tears in the eyes during the ceremony. The Captain was the officate and the whole ceremony was very dignified.

I hope your vow renewal is very memorable.

Maraprince:)

Southern*Belle,

Just a thought....On my voyage on the QE2 there was a vow renewal ceremony for about 20 couples. The cruise line provided a large cake for all the couples to share. We got to attend the ceremony since one of the couples were our tablemates. Some of the couples had no one in attendance while others had their young children. You could purchase a bouquet, a single flower or a flower for the guy's lapel. The ship's photographer video the entire ceremony which the couples could purchase. The Captain was the officate and signed the scroll given to each couple. Everything was very dignified.

I hope your vow renewal is very memorable. Just enjoy your cruise and don't worry about those who could not join you during this special time.

Maraprince :)

It actually took me about 15 years to get from talking about putting together a family group cruise, to putting one together and executing. Everyone is gung ho when talking about it, but once you get into the details, everyone in my case just shyed away. So, I kept going with wife over the years.

"They" finally came around, unfortunately at the funeral of one of the family matriarchs. Sort of puts that limited time spin on things. Finally planned it in the fall of 2003, and sailed in the summer of 2004.

Well, today is Monday and I'm over it! For our wedding, it will just be us. Me and my hubby, no one else, especially friends. (actually a vow renewal) They wouldn't have been invited anyway-I want a private ceremony.

My problem was that I was so gun-ho for myself and looking forward to a cruise that I just thought everyone would be just as happy. I found this to be my character flaw. Everyone didn't see it the way I did. Sometimes, I wish everyone could feel as wonderful about cruising as I do.......:rolleyes:

I know you all love cruising just as much as I do and that's why I'm here! Whooo Hoooo!:D

Thanks everyone!!

Southern*Belle,

When my friends and I were on the QE2 they held a vow renewal ceremony. We got to attend since one couple was our tablemates. It was a very dignified ceremony presided over by the Captain and filmed by the ship's photographer. Some of the couples had no one with them while others had their young children. Each of the couples received a signed scroll from the Captain and shared in a large wedding cake.

Go and enjoy yourself on your cruise. Check the daily news to see if they are looking for couples who want to do a vow renewal.

Maraprince;) :)

Archived