Ectasy V23

You might find this thread helpful:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

Here is a post from that thread with information re V23:

Good morning......Curt has asked me to add a mini review and pics of our balcony we had on the Ecstasy.....We were in V23, which is considered a partially obstructed balcony...We had a wonderful cruise and loved the Ecstasy....so much so that I'm going on the exact same itinerary this coming February with those Crazies.......We had originally booked an interior on the Verandah deck and the upgrade fairy called and we upgraded to the balcony for an extra $40pp.......While I enjoyed the balcony, I wouldn't book one again.....if it was offered as a free upgrade, I'd take it, but I wouldn't shell the money out......Here's my Pro's and Con's...

pro: the balcony.....you got to actually feel the breeze and smell the ocean from your room.....additional light......

Con: way too small....when the two deck chairs were on it, if you were in the far chair AWAY from the door and you wanted to go in, whoever was sitting in the other chair had to get up and move to let you out.....the chairs sat so close to the railing you had to prop your feet on them...and I'm a short person....my dad, who is 6'2" had an even worse time and didn't sit out there much at all.

the view....partial obstruction really means full obstruction.....yes, if you look to your left you can see the ocean, but when you're sitting on the balcony, you are looking out at a lifeboat

People on the deck below can see you and look up into your balcony....while they can't see INTO your room, they can see you sitting on the balcony.....you also get to hear them laughing and talking or fighting or whatever they are doing down below you....

I'm adding some photo's so you can see what I'm talking about....if you have any questions, just let me know.......The Ecstasy is a GREAT ship and I'm going to be really sad when she leaves Galveston.....

From the room looking out at the balcony

ry%3D400

Sitting on the balcony looking straight ahead

ry%3D400

Looking to the left from the balcony

ry%3D400

From the left side of the balcony, looking towards the door into the room:ry%3D400

From the right side of the balcony (by the door) looking left

ry%3D400

From the doorway of the cabin looking in

ry%3D400

Hope this is a help to someone

Yep... Sharon (macysmimi) was spot on in her review... Sadly, those cabins should not be classified as suites. They're barely larger than a current balcony cabin and command much more money. As you can see, the view from V23 is terrible...

:(

I had v30 on ecstasy a few weeks ago, It was very nice!!! Not very obstructed at all! Less than half of the view was blocked by a tiny boat, much smaller than the ones next to it. And u could still see around it, no biggie :)

Has anyone had the obstructed view jr suite on the Fantasy class ships?

Awww, I'm famous! LOL

Glad my review was of help to someone....I was in V23 and partial obstruction isn't quite accurate....Our neighbors in V21 (considered non obstructed) could see straight ahead, but if they looked our way all they saw were boats....and while the boat in front of ours was smaller than the others, it was still blocking the view....But to me, the biggie was the balcony....compared to some of the other cabin's balcony's, this one sucked...LOL.....Just way too tiny and way to open to other passengers on the deck below....

All that aside, I love, love, love the Ecstasy.....I'm going to be real sad when she leaves Galveston....

Archived