Atlantis Submarine

kellig

Has anyzone ever done this excursion in Cozumel? Was it worth the cost, and how much was it? The carnival website states you can only book it through them, but since it is located at Chankanaab, I wondered if I could book it elsewhere.

My husband and I vacation in Cozumel each year ( this is our 12th year) and the submarine is usually booked up by the ships, so your best bet is to book thru them. We can book thru our condo but on a busy ship day, it is impossible.

It is a nice excursion. It lasts about and 1.5 hours and is around 45.00 - 50.00. They take you to see the reefs, the sunken statue of Christ, an airplane that was crashed in making a movie, plenty of fish and they took us under the props of the cruise ships so we could see how big they were but that was before 9/11 and security may not allow that now.

If you are not a diver and wish to experience the sea underworld, this is worth the money.

I think you may be thinking of the semi-submersibles. The Atlantis sub goes to depths of 100 feet at Chankanaab, and costs $95. I did find a place that can book it separately, but it is only $9 cheaper after you factor in the cost of transportation, so I will probably just book through the ship for security reasons. Still haven't found anyone who has done this though.

Archived