Hal Alaska cruise boarding and lunch

Watson's aunt

Hi I am a 1 almost 2 mariner member on HAL lines, I printed out my boarding pass and it says I can board at 1pm, But the Mariners club luncheon is from 12:30-1:30. How do I board before the 1 pm. During this cruise I will make have 2 stars.

Mary

Thank You vbmom87

Mary

No Problem. I will be on the same cruise in August, so I need to learn these things too. I thought HAL began the embarkation process at 11:00 a.m. but needed to hear from others. I know we boarded shortly after 11:00 a.m. when we cruised with HAL from Vancouver in 2008. I don't know why your documents say to board at 1:00 p.m. except perhaps they want to stagger the process. This time I am not sure how early we will board. I think a lot will depend on the weather and if there is still something else we may want to see in Seattle. If it is a nice day, I want to head back to the Pike Place Market and get a nice bouquet of flowers for our cabin. I understand you can get nice bouquets very reasonably priced. Posters have also said we can get vases from our room stewards. I hope that is true, otherwise I will have to use an ice bucket as a vase. :eek: I will be looking forward to hearing from you and other cruisers on these earlier dates upon your return.

Yes, you can get very nice flowers at Pike Place Market. Yes, you can borrow a vase, but I travel with my own. There is a line of weird looking plastic bag sorts of things that you can shape into a vase by adding warm water to them. Magellan's sold them for years but I found my most recent ones at a Tuesday Morning store.

They are reuseable. When you want to flatten them out again for packing, just put in more warm water and smooth them flat.

I love having my own fresh flowers in my room in a hotel or on a cruise ship.

Here's a link to some sorts of travel vases. http://www.thetravelinsider.com/travelaccessories/wondervase.htm There are several online stores that seem to carry WonderVase. I found them on Amazon.com as well.

Yes, you can get very nice flowers at Pike Place Market. Yes, you can borrow a vase, but I travel with my own. There is a line of weird looking plastic bag sorts of things that you can shape into a vase by adding warm water to them. Magellan's sold them for years but I found my most recent ones at a Tuesday Morning store.

They are reuseable. When you want to flatten them out again for packing, just put in more warm water and smooth them flat.

I love having my own fresh flowers in my room in a hotel or on a cruise ship.

Here's a link to some sorts of travel vases. http://www.thetravelinsider.com/travelaccessories/wondervase.htm There are several online stores that seem to carry WonderVase. I found them on Amazon.com as well.

Those vases look very interesting. However, I am trying to be on a mission to pack light this time. I recently read of someone who went on a 7 day cruise and 7 day land tour to Alaska with a carry on.....hmmm....I don't know if I can pack that lightly. I will just be happy if I can get everything in a 26" with a little room to spare.

Hi I am a 1 almost 2 mariner member on HAL lines' date=' I printed out my boarding pass and it says I can board at 1pm, But the Mariners club luncheon is from 12:30-1:30. How do I board before the 1 pm. During this cruise I will make have 2 stars.

Mary[/quote']

Just because your documents state you board at 1:00, doesn't mean you can't board at any other time you choose. Show up at the dock whenever you want. If the ship has been cleared of people & they start boarding, you can board anytime. They have never made us wait for a specific time. If you show up at 11:00 and it isn't ready for boarding, you'll wait in line.

With HALs new policy of having the cabins ready before letting boarding begin, you might have to wait anyway. I haven't sailed since they started that, so not sure how that is working out.

Have a great trip!

Archived