Stingray, Rum Point & Snorkel

princessvero

We have booked through grandcaymanexcursions.com and done 2 out of 3 on your list on jetskis. Usually you have to choose between the snorkeling and Rum Point for time reasons. The excursion begins and ends at the Grand Caymanian and you also have access to the resort - which is usually empty. Nice pool and great frozen drinks. All depends on if you want the activity level of the jet skis - we've done it 3 times now and had a blast every time.

We are just back from Grand Caymans last week and did the ray reef and rum tour with Native Ways and it was fantastic. It was $62.50 pp adult. There were only 17 in our entire tour. We snorkeled, went to the stingray sand bar, went to a starfish reef, then spent a few hours at Rum Beach ( a little piece of heaven ) where we were served lunch. It was about a 5 hour tour. A nice bus takes you to thier boat. The boat has water and punch and all your snorkel equipment on board. There is a bathroom. Our captain and guide were amazing. They are first class. This was the highlight of our cruise. No pre pay required just a reservation. You can pay on the boat. It was an amazing adventure and I will do it again when we go back. We were next to boats on the stingray sand bar that had dozens of people crammed in like sardines. If I had paid for one of those tours I would have been devestated. Our boat was spacious and we got individual attention. I cant say enough about them.

We are just back from Grand Caymans last week and did the ray reef and rum tour with Native Ways and it was fantastic. It was $62.50 pp adult. There were only 17 in our entire tour. We snorkeled, went to the stingray sand bar, went to a starfish reef, then spent a few hours at Rum Beach ( a little piece of heaven ) where we were served lunch. It was about a 5 hour tour. A nice bus takes you to thier boat. The boat has water and punch and all your snorkel equipment on board. There is a bathroom. Our captain and guide were amazing. They are first class. This was the highlight of our cruise. No pre pay required just a reservation. You can pay on the boat. It was an amazing adventure and I will do it again when we go back. We were next to boats on the stingray sand bar that had dozens of people crammed in like sardines. If I had paid for one of those tours I would have been devestated. Our boat was spacious and we got individual attention. I cant say enough about them.

Thank you for the detailed information. :)

We have picky teens? What kind of lunch was served???

Contact Sharon at Native Ways and she will email a menu to you. While on the boat, your captain will pass around a menu and get your order. He calls ahead to restaurant and lunch is ready when you get there. There are dozens of things on the menu. You can pick one thing. If you are still hungry you can purchase additional food on your own. My teens had chicken tenders and fries. husband had club sandwich and fries, I had blackened mahi mahi sandwich with fries. The fish and chips looks good. The portions were generous. There was something for everyone from seafood to hamburgers. Lunch was served with lemonade or tee or water. We got chocolate smoothies from the bar and they were great. I think they were $3.00. Rum beach takes cash but charges are in Grand Cayman dollars so a $3.00 drink was about $3.80. You wont be disappointed. We grabbed our lunch and went off to the beach and found some chairs in the shade and enjoyed our time there. There are hammocks and a roped off beach area. Stingrays were swimming in the water around our feet. Red Sail sports is there as well so if you have time they rent equipment and kayaks and things like that. There is also a gift shop that has great items. Have fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Another enthusiastic thumbs-up for Nativeway. While we were on a cousin cruise, it was a thrill for me to introduce family members to the sting rays and snorkeling but even more, Rum Point. It was everyone's favorite excursion and best day of the whole cruise. And we all enjoyed pullling up to the sand bar with a smaller boat and far fewer people than the mammoth outfits of the Other Guys!

Archived