NBA Playoff Games on Ship

princessvero

I'm cruising on the Glory next week. What are the chances that I'll be able to catch any of the NBA playoff games while on the ship?

Yes...it should be on. I have been on many ships and have seen basketball, football, baseball along with other sports. One of the best times was watching a basketball championship in the sports bar...the place was wild!!! Enjoy

I'm cruising on the Glory next week. What are the chances that I'll be able to catch any of the NBA playoff games while on the ship?

I was on Glory (Cozumel) exactly one week ago...and nope... no NBA then.

The barkeeper in the "On the Green" sportsbar said not available.

They had plenty of soccer but the only clue we had about NBA scores

was the occasional 'score update banner' at the bottom of the screen.

Good luck....maybe things have changed since.

:cool::cool:

A little off topic but have you joined the roll call? Are you cruising this Sunday? 5/1/11 ????

We're having a meet and greet with all the people on the roll call.

As they get closer to the finals and the games migrate to one of the "big" networks, they will be available on the ship.

On a side note, we'll be on the Dream for the Kentucky Derby. I hope they show it on the big screen.

Any games on ABC will be shown, and any games that they broadcast on the international feed of ESPN will be shown. There were some shown the first week of the playoffs on the Valor. People were looking for hockey too - not much since most of the games were on VS. There were a lot of people in the sports bar watching the ticker on ESPN, and then at 11:00 to watch Sportscenter for highlights.

And they do have the Miami channels, so if one of the networks normally plays the Heat games, you should be able to see those. I know that the Lakers are still shown on 9 even if the game is on ESPN or TNT. So, that may be something to look into before you sail. I think it was Channel 6 that was going to show one of the Heat games when we were on, so that may be the one.

Archived